by the pain i see in others

bigbear

Mar 28, 2004
Canada
on that track (#6 on deliverence) theres a hidden track from 12:00 -12:41 and 13:15- 13:40...well he's singing something and it goes all echoey *spelling?* and fades out...anyhow I was wondering what he was singing...it doesn't sound like english...anyone know?

well, fool....that is the clean parts on the previous track (Masters Apprentice i believe) being played backwards...if you had a mind youd listen carefully...

I hate that song so much, It is by far the worst Opeth song they have ever done, except for maybe Circle of the tyrant. The only good part About BTPISO is the cool intro after that it sucks so bad. The vocal effects, it makes it sound not like mikael which make s the song suck. Delivaerance is good but that song sucks.

I love it too. I think its cool they did that shit with Mike`s vocals. I like that voice. And yes, its a very cool intro. Its a different song but very good I think.

I love that song...definitely one of my favorites

but yeah...the hidden tracks are the "telephone vocals" from Master's Apprentices played backwards. Peter talked about it in an interview with Metal Maniacs I think. He said they thought it would be cool if you were sitting there with the headphones on and it came out of nowhere just scaring the piss out of you

Ugh, I hate vocal effects. Look at 'Where the Slime Live'... IMO, it killed what could have been one of Morbid Angel's greatest songs.

I think the effects on Mike`s vocals on BTPISIO is cool, but to be ohnest I think the song would have been alot better if he just sang with a "normal" voice.

Mr. Niel said:
Two small verses with a boosted treble effect that last for maybe 15 seconds each in a ten minute song ruins the whole thing?

Wow, I'd hate to be next to some of you while you are shopping for underwear...

agreed... i dont think some of you are really looking very far into this song. Its very complicated, and sounds very well i think. The intro is very cool, and alot of the vocal parts fit nicely. I also like that one guitar part that basically repeats throughout the whole song.. you know that one wierd acoustic part.

The Evil Toucan said:
I think I am the only person that loves that fucking song.
Nope. It's the highlight of Deliverance for me. I never can get over the part where they fool me into thinking that the outro started, only to have more kickass music following it.

The Highlight of Deliverance, is the riff after the solo where he says "Face down beneath the waterline and im gazeing into the deep...." Or For Absent Friends......... Or A fair Judgement........

Count me in on the BTPISIO-lovers club! It's always been a standout track on Deliverance for me, much moreso than Wreath or A Fair Judgement. AFJ is just boring, too long for what it is, has some interesting/great parts but overall I can't be bothered listening to it. By the Pain I See In Others on the other hand is something different for Opeth, the vocal filters add to the atmosphere. Kick ass song. \m/