C# tuning?

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees

Doesn't that end up sounding awfull? I can't imagine the tracking being spot on? Or is it doable? I've tried downtuning a guitar that way, but it somehow always ends up sounding a bit shit. But then again I've never used a whammy pedal...

Well the slighest intonation problem will be blown out of proportion but i have a somehow well kept guitar it only seems a little noticeable when i play extremely consonant intervals above the 8 or 9 fret wich is not that often in cover songs and can be adjusted in the first freats so it sounds good.

Originally posted by Risedfromthedead
Ahhh! I have just bought new strings and placed them on my acoustic guitar. Its the "Eric Bibbs" model with gauge 013-058 and my fingers are bleeding!!! (almost)
They were cheap so its no big deal if I change again (3 for 10 dollars). Even with C# tuning they are so stable, hard, unremovable... you name it!

I think I will change them for 012-053 instead...

of course your finger were bleeding, that is the gauge used for a 7 string!!!!!Is it even possible to bend?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Risedfromthedead
Ahhh! I have just bought new strings and placed them on my acoustic guitar. Its the "Eric Bibbs" model with gauge 013-058 and my fingers are bleeding!!! (almost)
They were cheap so its no big deal if I change again (3 for 10 dollars). Even with C# tuning they are so stable, hard, unremovable... you name it!

I think I will change them for 012-053 instead...

you nutcase, why would you put a gauge like that on an ACOUSTIC guitar???????? :confused: electric, yeah...acoustic? That's madness...

10 gagues here...and YES Im in C# all the time. I've got 3 guitars. And I put the lowest tuning on my old ass Fender. Then my other 2 one's E and the other's in E flat.

The lower tunnings are great! I love it. Dying Fetus uses C#, But so does Korn and all that gay shit (rolls eyes)

I've had my guitar turned to B and It was bad ass. Never had a frett noise problem or string flapping. Maybe you should rais your bridege a bit (shrug)

Any ways, alternate tunnings kick major ass! And In Flames uses alot of different tunnings. So check them out if you're really into it.

Laters

Originally posted by bleed for me

of course your finger were bleeding, that is the gauge used for a 7 string!!!!!Is it even possible to bend?!?!?!?

13 strings were made for people who spend decades working on cotton fields and that have the most thick insensitive fingers a person could have. Imagine you would do that and tried to play with .008 strings? you wouldnt be able to even feel them on your fingers. Most blues players got used to .013 strings ( even thicker ) for a reason.

Originally posted by o0 Opeth 0o
The lower tunnings are great! I love it. Dying Fetus uses C#, But so does Korn and all that gay shit (rolls eyes)

Korn uses seven strings a whole step down. (a).

C# - a ton of bands

Meshuggah and Morbid Angel use 7 strings down a half step, I think Mortician put their seven strings in some completely ridiculous dropped tuning like G... (unless they used a pitchshifter, which is possible, since they cheat and use a drum machine anyways...tsk tsk)

I myself use 7-string guitar...But I cannot see any reason why that (B) isn't enough...well, if it fits better with vocalist, that's a good reason, but...
I cannot wait the next Meshuggah-album, where they use 8-string-guitars :) That's gonna sound heavy...

Yeahno...there are possible to bend with pain effort. But I cant tune them to standard beacause the bridge that hold the strings will break and it was even a pain to get them to C#. E standard tuning is a real nightmare!

That black dude "Eric Biggs" must have fingers made of steel!

conklinguitars.com have made 9 string guitars :) check out their site, some crazy designs.

btw Steve Ray Vaughan used crazy string thickness, like .15/.16 sets with a wound G! I heard that after a doctor's warning he had to go down to *only* .13 sets :)

Which songs/albums did Mortician use G tuning? I wanna hear this...