calling all collector nerds!!!!! what is your rarest item

I think for me would be (and I know some of these may not be considered collectibles necessarily, but oh well):

Viper - Theater of Fate (vinyl, original pressing)
Angra - Reaching Horizons Demo Tape (not the fake pressed CD version)
Rhapsody - Eternal Glory (Demo Tape)

Yeah, I would certainly consider any original demo a collectible!!

I remember many years ago Dennis from Sentinel Steel was selling the Rhapsody demo for $100. He also had Iced Earth's Enter The Realm demo for $100. I kind of wish I bought the IE.

No. I got mine back when you could get them new, and I found Veg his in Springfield in a used bin for $4.

Nice...
I must have sold it on a forum.
I remember making something like $30 on it.
At the time they were still pretty unknown.
I still have the MP3s. Great album.

Nice, you never told me about this!!!
How much did that set you back?

I got the Salem's Law LP for only like $20. The next week another copy on eBay went for $40. I was glad the people bidding on that one missed my copy!

I'd still like to have it on CD, but that goes for around $100 when it shows up.

If you ever want to sell or trade that Cross Purposes live box please let me know. I really want that.

Hahaha, pate is right, it gets its own shelf in my collection. It took about 3 or 4 years for me to stumble across a copy (in Springfield, IL of all places). Same place I got the S/T Hour of 13 at, actually (thanks to pate's keen eye for CDs). I paid $4 for the used Hour of 13, and I think I paid $10 for the Cross Purposes Live set. :headbang:

I'll be the third to say Gamma Ray Ultimate Collection!!! It's one of my favorite pieces.

CD'S
Uriah Heep - You Can't Keep A Good Band Down - Box Set with mini LP remasters of the first 7 albums.
Virgin Steele - Invictus (Long Box edition, nothing super cool but I think it's pretty rare)
Scanner - Hypertrace (Japanese Import with bonus track, with OBI)
Attack - The Secret Place (Reissue limited to 1000 copies)
Majesty - Keep It True (self released first album)
Scorpions - In Trance (Japanese Import - this album is very difficult to find)

Vinyl (original pressings)
Helloween - Mini LP
Helloween - Judas
Omen - Battlecry
Helstar - Burning Star
Helstar - Remnants of War
Running Wild - Branded and Exiled
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams
Stone Vengeance - Here Lies Stone Vengeance (hand numbers out of 500)
Gamma Ray - Heading For Tomorrow
Heir Apparent - Graceful Inheritance
Witchcraft - Firewood
Wizard - Odin Picturedisc (signed by band...thanks to the raffle!!!)
Sir Lord Baltimore - S/T

I think the only rare stuff I have is old cassettes that I still have from back in the 80's when I got them....hard to get stuff now like

- Doomsday News comp - Scanner, Voivod, Helloween, Kreator....
- original Vio-Lence - Eternal Nightmare cassette

CD wise....

Leprecauhn - demo ( singer for Elvenking side band)
Overlorde SR - just released but OOP since the lawsuit thing

I have lots of stuff with 1,000 pressed but that is almost trying to make it rare so I dont count that.

Amazon is the one releasing the Demon CDRs, and they can pretty much do that forever. I have all the Demon reissues on CD except for Breakout, and I'm not paying for a CDR of that.

It is odd...the Amazon pressings are amazing. Full booklets and quility disc. You couldnt not tell it was a burn on demand if you didnt know before you ordered. You are really missing out.