Can anyone be that stupid?

As much as I like calling Bush stupid, I have to defend him here. I read somewhere (here?) that those binoculars are some sort of nightvision things and to use them in daylight they need the covers that have tiny holes in them.

Voice of God said:
As much as I like calling Bush stupid, I have to defend him here. I read somewhere (here?) that those binoculars are some sort of nightvision things and to use them in daylight they need the covers that have tiny holes in them.
Thats correct

Voice of God said:

No, those are standard high-magnification field binoculars. Night-sights have digital controls on them, a knob or two, and a few buttons, including one for daytime viewing. The days of pinhole caps are gone.

They do that to every politician who visits the base. They give him bino's with the caps on, he puts them up to his eyes without checking for caps, and they get a pic in the split second it takes him to notice that he can't see anything. If you look hard enough, you can find pictures of Bush, Clinton, Old Bush, and Al Gore both before and after they took off the caps. Now if we could just get a Prez or VP who thinks to check for lens caps before looking ...

I believe the title of the pic is "the blind leading the blind"

When I saw the title of the thread, I immediately thought "yes". When I saw the pic, I laughed - this is a man who almost choked to death on a pretzel, after all. Mr. Cactus's explanation makes sense though. If I had a subtle way to pull a prank on the Pres I'd do it in a heartbeat.