Can Anyone Recommend Some More Doom Metal?

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hi,
I love Doom Metal. Sadly, I don't know of many doom metal bands. Would you all be so nice as to prescribe a good dose of depression?

These are the bands I like that are Doom Metal:

Stoner Doom:

The Sword
High on Fire
Sleep
Black Sabbath

Funeral Doom (or what ever it's called):

Daylight Dies
Katatonia
Swallow the Sun
My Dying Bride
Anathema

Anyway, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jake

Evoken Agalloch Down (Down 2 is amazing) Forest Stream (sounds like old Katatonia) Mourning Beloveth (Like My Dying Bride) Novembers Doom Novembre October Tide (Jonas and Fred's (Katatonia) side project) Pentagram (Band from the 70's sounds like Sabbath) Saint Vitus Witchcraft (Debut album is amazing). You can find these bands on amazon.com mp3 downloads for 7.99 to 9.99 also go to wikipedi and search doom metal

i know they are not doom, but i just had to mention them. as he would probably like them XD

p.s. another Aussie band, the mighty Virgin Black! it's very orchestral, but i love it!

virgin black good, recommend! Novembers Doom is really good Doom/death, latter albums are a lot faster and have much more death metal influence but still have a doom basis. for stoner stuff i reccomend a band called saltoftheearth, very old-school really guitars kinda doom

I was into doom years ago, but here are some of the good bands that I can remember that stick out from the top of my head.

Thergothon
Evoken
Abyssmal Sorrow
Trouble
Candlemass
Autumnal Winds
Tiamat (old)
Paramaecium
Mournful Congregation
Dolorian
Shape of Despair
Before the Rain
Officium Triste
Saturnus
Asunder
Skepticism
Esoteric *UK*
Monolithe
Somnium Mortuum

A few of those bands should be good for you for starters. :)

Pagan Alter
Gates of Slumber
Sirens of Titan
Soul Preacher
Witchcraft
Graveyard (sorta)
Winter
Solitude Aeturnus
could go on with this forever.

The20Reticent-1.jpg

Skepticism (new one Alloy is killer!), Funeral (older stuff, Tragedies and Tristese, new one is ok IMHO, killer production), mournful congregation (aussie doom, awesome), mael mordha (gaelic doom, cool bunch of guys as we played with them at Heathen Crusade II), solitude aeturnus, Evoken, Winter, Mar De Grise, Novembers Doom, Esoteric, Katatonia, October Tide, etc..all that have been previously mentioned. But new Skepticism rules. Also check out Pantheist as well as Until Death Ovetakes Me as well.