Can Anyone Recommend Some More Doom Metal?

Novembre - Blue.
Opeth - Watershed.
Skepticism - Alloy.
Daylight Dies - Lost to the living.
Katatonia - July MCD.
Esoteric - Maniacal Vale 2CD.
Remembrance - Silencing the moments.
Anathema - A simple mistake.
Saturnus - When veronika decides to die.
Shape Of Despair - Angels of Distress especially.

First off, I don't consider either The Sword or High on Fire Doom. the sword is close I suppose. same with Down, they are not doom, but they're fucking awesome...
want some real stoner doom check out, Spiritual Beggars. some sweet classic Doom would be Cathedral, Pentagram, Krux, Candlemass, Memento Mori.
want some Doom Death (Daylight dies is doom death fyi)
check out. Swallow the Sun (by far the best doom band out there)
Novembers Doom, Saturnus, Early katatonia (brave murder day) Early Paradise Lost (new PL is awesome but more gothic rock than doom.) My Dying Bride is a good mix of Doom Death and Classic Doom... Slumber is recomended for everyone as well, the album Fallout is almost perfect 9/10
I also Highly recommend Draconian, Doom Death with Beauty and the Beast vocals (growls mixed with a chick singer)
some really meloncoly clean vocal doom is The Foreshadowing (amazing debut album)
Rapture is very good doom mixed with Melodic Death metal.

if you like some of those bands also look into... The Old Dead Tree, Novembre, Moonspell (some stuff is Doomdeath), Godsend

also anyone that likes daylight dies should enjoy Insomnium... they have doomish lyrics but the instruments are melodic death, they are IMO the 2nd best melodic death metal band out there... number one is Dark Tranquillity

Opeth is in a class of their own

I dont know if anyones mentioned them and im to lazy to read but "Novembers Doom" is a good doom metal band(although they are a little different compared traditional doom metal). Their best stuff is on "The Pail Haunt Departure" and "The Novella Resiviore"

p.s. another Aussie band, the mighty Virgin Black! it's very orchestral, but i love it!

Virgin Black opened for Opeth last year at Thebarton in Adelaide.

It was the first time i had heard them and they really did an excellent job.
the only bad thing was i was standing right in the direction of the speakers and the singers screams were blasting my ears.

still good though (screams + set).

It really depends upon what someone classes as doom these days. I don't consider DD a doom band, per se. I think they have elements of doom/death (or is it death/doom?), but they are more of a death metal band for me mainly because of the vocals.

Mournful Congregation
Mourning Beloveth
Skepticism
Until Death Overtakes Me
Longing For Dawn (frederic arbor of cyclic law/instincts/visions) awesome stuff
Solitude Aeternus (awesome epic doom)
Dissolving of Prodigy (first 2 albums = best)
Esoteric (any)
Pantheist
Wormplegm
Evoken
Novembers Doom (old stuff is doom, newer 3-4 albums not so much but still excellent stuff)

That should be enough to get you started ;-)

Draconian, Swallow the Sun, Slumber, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom

Thats all you'll ever need in life

A lot of the bands in this thread aren't exactly Doom if you go by those who subscribe to the Hellride forums - they'd have a field day with you lot.

My band got slammed even though I forewarned them that we weren't a Doom band but Doom influenced but they are just so narrow minded they just had to have a go at us.

I've even read one person describing My Dying Bride as Nu-Doom :rolleyes:

s

My band got slammed even though I forewarned them that we weren't a Doom band but Doom influenced but they are just so narrow minded they just had to have a go at us.

I've even read one person describing My Dying Bride as Nu-Doom :rolleyes:

s

Don't get me wrong, I respect the "Circle of True Doom" but I just think its bull shit. Styles change and evolve, I love traditional doom, but come on... just because they arent a sabbath style band doesn't mean they arent doom. Thats why we add the /Death to the end of Doom.

Here's all the doom I know off the top of my head (Sorry if I repeat any)

Sanctus Infernum
Daylight Dies
Evoken
Esoteric
Thergothon
Cathedral
Doomsword
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
Count Raven
Draconian
early Anathema
early My Dying Bride
early Paradise Lost
Slumber
The Fall Of Every Season
Wine From The Tears
Heavy Lord

find the website for the doom metal labels Solitude Productions and Bad Moon Man, they have a lot of doom metal bands on their roster

Old school:

Candlemass
St. Vitus

recent:

Samothrace
Ramesses (former members of the previously mentioned Electric Wizard)
Rwake

While Heaven Wept

According to Wikipedia, they are epic doom metal. Whether they are doom metal can be argued, but there is definitely a doom influence.

Still, an overall good listen. The sound is really deep and they manage to create an atmosphere well. Good doom tends to immerse you in an atmosphere of sound and emotion (a talent that Daylight Dies has mastered).

I highly recommend that you check out Morgion's "Solinari" album. One of the greates Epic Doom/Death records ever made. It's got epic atmosphere, face-crushing heaviness, and great vocals, as well a good variety of songs.