Can other members of Opeth sing?

Well Johan De Farfalla did backing vocals on Orchid didnt he? I've got a bootleg of 'The Apostle in Triumph' from back in 1995 and he attempts to sing along to the 'ah-ah-ah' part at 8:41 but fails dismally...

It's obvious to all and sundry, that gggggu loves seeing his name in this forum, judging by most of his 2,900 + posts, most are worthless self praising himself junk.

Great to be perfect ?

gaz said:
It's obvious to all and sundry, that gggggu loves seeing his name in this forum, judging by most of his 2,900 + posts, most are worthless self praising himself junk.

Great to be perfect ?
How many posts of mine have you seen, Mr. Angry McHostile?

mikael doesnt really have a great voice, and his guitar playing is adequate at best. if he only showed more emotion in his vocals, and played some more complex songs, opeth would be a lot better imo.

ggggggu said:
I have given this subject a lot of thought after seeing the Lamentations DVD.

M. Lopez's singing voice is probably really high pitched and sounds more like 14 year old Ricky Martin than a grown man. He can hit all the notes, but every time he opens his mouth in the tour bus and sings along some song, all the other guys have hard time to not laugh straight to his face. He actually is proud of his voice, but he doesn't realize it isn't that good. In fact, it's crap.

The other Martin's singing voice is really monotonous, dull and druggy. He likes to sing and play his 12 string acoustic in the privacy of his own home, and has actually composed enough songs to fill few medium length albums. His music is basic singer/songwriter stuff.

Peter is Opeth's choir boy. His voice is easily the best one from the band, but Michael the Dictator doesn't let Peter get into the spotlight.

Conclusion: Mikael Åkerfeldt is an evil man who beats up old people and laughs at cripples.

What do you guys think?

I think I really like fromage!

zakk wylde child laiho said:
mikael doesnt really have a great voice, and his guitar playing is adequate at best. if he only showed more emotion in his vocals, and played some more complex songs, opeth would be a lot better imo.

i'm gonna have to disagree here. i think mike's vocals are amazing. not just cause it's opeth LOZlz!2tr K3wl!...but because he really has an awesome clean and death metal voice. his guitar playing is very creative, sure there are many better players, but..vocal wise? i think he's at the top of the game, imo.

Themoor666 said:
*slaps his forehead... slowly drags hands down his face*

i pictured that perfecty, and laughed.