Cannibal Corpse

People who call them shit are usually just looking for a band to scapegoat. I don't like them that much, average Death Metal but they aren't bad. Their new album actually impressed me in a lot of parts, it wasn't just more of the same. The live shows they put on are excellent and tight as hell. Say what you will about them, but damn they are convicted.

Jean-Pierre said:
People who call them shit are usually just looking for a band to scapegoat. I don't like them that much, average Death Metal but they aren't bad. Their new album actually impressed me in a lot of parts, it wasn't just more of the same. The live shows they put on are excellent and tight as hell. Say what you will about them, but damn they are convicted.

I'll second that!

CC are both. Gore metal is, for the most part, just a picky aesthetically disparate subgenre of death metal. Typically, death metal with gory themes, lyrics, art etc. Aborted, Impaled, Exhumed and Carcass are other death metal bands commonly identified as 'gore metal'.

Cannibal Corpse are one of the most boring bands ive ever encountered. But yeah, they're death metal with gory lyrics, its pretty stupid categorising bands on their lyrics, if you did then Slayer would be death or black metal