Can't believe nobody has posted this yet.. hello?

better quit while on top... shame we will never be able to hear more diabolical masquerade

This DOES fucking suck.

I didn't think Death's Design matched up to the first three albums, especially Ravendusk in my Heart and Nightwork, but anyway, I loved this band and was looking forward to album #5.

If it isn't in his heart, and the spirits aren't with him, then better he doesn't make an uninspired album. Here's to more Blakkheim projects/collaborations in the future!

i never really liked Diabolical Masquerade....always seemed to fall short for me. But the material seemed to get progressively better, so its a shame to think they wont make something i could have warmed up to. :erk:

in my opinion it's (was) the right decision. if the inner impulse is gone, there's no need to force the spirits, it's good Blakkheim has preferred to be just honest..
i really like Diabolical Masquerade's creative work through the years, especially "Death's Design" - it's almost beyond belief how punctually, live and blasting musical ideas could be, furthermore packed into a script-frame, a very intense experience, a horror materpiece!
r.i.p.

This is really sad, I feel as a real person has died *sigh*.

Shame, because I was really looking forward to a new album, but maybe better to "die" gloriously with a masterpiece such as Death's Design rather than releasing an unworthy album.

So now the only side project seems to be Bloodbath....

Not fun, but at least he knew to stop when it (inspiration/spirits!) didn't come to him naturally anymore. However, I had the impression that the writing process for new album had come pretty far... So was all that just scrapped?

this does suck, but as long as we have Katatonia (and Bloodbath is a great bonus) things are ok......I mean how much worse would it be if Katatonia disbanded? I would be really pissed then! I will miss DM but as long as I get to hear some kind of music coming from Anders I will be fine.

Oh. that's a pity, no more funny grail-finding metal anymore, and all because of some missing spirits. I imagine Blakkheim searching everywhere for them (just like my mother missing her reading glasses...) But hey, Blakkheim, as I always find my mothers reading glasses, I think I found your spirits: in the mess of already harvested bananas and bananas still to harvest (I hate these yellow things lying EVERYWHERE, because we have harvesting time now in the jungle you should know). Yeah, I saw them, some tiny tiny invisible little ghosts (my wife was scared you should know). But they turned out to be some really cool metal guys drinking like swedes (banana liquor, remember???). I tried to sent them back to where they belong, but somehow...they like it here (one of them always teasing my private metal cobra, another one tries to be even more invisible with this "help me disappear"-cloak from fred). Okay, it seems they won't come back unless you plant some banana trees in your garden, I think. So do you care if I do the next DM-album???? Cheers and greetings from all the spirits to Blakkheim and all his fans.

I love all DM albums, they're exciting and inspiring, particularily the last one. But I agree- it's better to end it than to do something half- hearted and uninspired.
So, to the spirits: Farewell and rest in peace.
To Anders: I hope there is still a lot of music inside of you, we're all waiting to hear it!