Carcass - "Heartwork"

I have to throw in my love for Carcass too. Heartwork is catchy and great, but I really think Necrotism is their peak. Necrotism is more brutal, more technical, more interesting songs, all while still preserving the awesome melodies. Also I like Walker and Steer trading off vocals much more - you get Jeff's raspy voice, then Steer's straight up guttural growls. Great great record.

Life Sucks said:
It's very good melodic death metal, definitely better than most of the Swedish style melodeath that is so popular nowadays.
I agree it has it's melodic parts but is not overly melodic like the Swedish stuff, and it actually has elements of death metal which most Swedish melodic "death" completly lacks

Anyone besides me into Blackstar (post-Carcass, feat. Walker/Owen)? They released an excellent album "Barbed Wire Soul" which takes the "Swansong" sound one step further... rrrrock! The two cover songs of theirs on the "Peaceville X" compilation are also worth getting. Too bad Ken fell ill after these recordings, but I hear he's slowly getting better.

King Fear said:
Anyone besides me into Blackstar (post-Carcass, feat. Walker/Owen)? They released an excellent album "Barbed Wire Soul" which takes the "Swansong" sound one step further... rrrrock! The two cover songs of theirs on the "Peaceville X" compilation are also worth getting. Too bad Ken fell ill after these recordings, but I hear he's slowly getting better.

A friend gave me a cd-r of the Blackstar album :kickass:

It's quite a commercial, uninnovative album on the whole. It's surely one of the better releases in the (generally dreadful) style, but I very rarely listen to it.

Heartwork is one of my top five favorite albums ever! I love it...sure it shows that Carcass were headed towards a more mainstream sound, but the musicianship is beyond genius and just...the whole album fucking slays is all I can say. Necrotocism owns too...that's my other favorite. I actually do like Swansong a lot too, but just don't expect anything like previous Carcass efforts while listening to it.

Guardian of Darkness said:
It's quite a commercial, uninnovative album on the whole. It's surely one of the better releases in the (generally dreadful) style, but I very rarely listen to it.

I argee with you on the album being better than most releases in melodic death metal

Scourge of Malice said:
Well I'd say Im a little behind but what the hell.. I finally picked up this damn album today and what can I say.. fucking awesome! I think it should be illegal to not go fucking nuts while listening to it. fine fucking death metal. :headbang:

Great album! "This Mortal Coil" is a KILLER!!!! And Amott is too!