CD That Got You Into Metal

it was either in flames- colony or at the gates-slaughter of the soul. they were very close together as far as when i heard them. ive been listening to metallica for years due to my older brother, but those were the first underground metal cds i really loved.
-neal

DNB. Actually, it was a mix CD that a friend of mine made me, but the first song on it was DNB, and that's the first album I actually bought.

The very first metal CD I actually bought, well, casette tape as CDs weren't common in 1983 was Quiet Riot's "Metal Health." That was shortly followed by Judas Priest "Screaming for Vengaence" Ozzy's "Diary of a Madman" and Iron Maiden's "Peace of Mind" and Metallica's "Ride the Lightning" which were actually LPs my half-brother left behind when he moved out. I was also really into Twisted Sister when they started making waves. From there it's been a long road into hell.

'82 or so, Ozzy- Blizzard Of Ozz. Randy was GOD. Then I found Scorpions, Motley Crüe, Quiet Riot, Van Halen, & then Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Testament, Forbidden, Death Angel & the rest of the Bay Area Thrash movement. :) That was the 80's for me. Of course, those were all cassettes & LPs. The first actual CD I got was Flotsam & Jetsam's When The Storm Comes Down.

Nevermore...

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
headbob.gif

Mmmm the first album that got me into metal was not a cd. I am talking 1975 here... That would be Led Zeppelin II on vinyl of course. It got me interessted and a year later I discovered Priest, Scorpions and UFO.

in primary school 5th grade 1976
=======================================
DEEP PURPLE - MACHINE HEAD
KISS - DRESSED TO KILL - ROCK N ROLL ALL NIGHT
=======================================

I hated the doors, the floyd, led zep...., queen

but I liked supertramp, santana, hendrix, black sabbath, boston.