Celebrate Marco's b-day with OSA & Dream Emporium!

Hi everyone. :wave:

I meant to post this earlier today but got this message right as I had to get going, so I just now had time to copy it here.

As you all know, next Monday (January 14) is Marco's 47th birthday. As a way to commemorate the day, our friends at Dream Emporium are putting together a fantastic project. They are going to be making a special birthday card for Marco, complete with fan art, messages, photos; and they would like for OSA to be a part of this birthday surprise!

If you have any messages you would like to send to Marco, or any fan art or special photos of your meetings with Marco; feel free to contact us on our Facebook, on our Tumblr page (in the "Ask a Question" section), on our website via the Contact OSA tab, or here at the forum in this thread (or you can PM me if you have a personal message that you may not necessarily want everyone to read!). We will make sure that your personal message to Marco reaches the Dream Emporium staff! (And of course, just like with anything else; when you send your messages, keep it clean and keep it tasteful!)

We realize this is a bit of short notice, but the deadline to send in your birthday wishes is on January 13th, 8 p.m. +2 GMT (that would make it 1 p.m. Eastern Standard time, or 10 a.m. Pacific Standard time in the U.S.).

If you have any further questions, feel free to send us a message or contact the Dream Emporium crew here. We're already starting to receive messages for Marco, so be sure to get yours in!

Thanks to our friends at Dream Emporium for including us in their special birthday surprise for Marco! And thanks to all of you OSAers in advance who send in their birthday wishes! :kickass:

Perhaps a greeting in Finnish won't do any harm:

Hyvää syntymäpäivää, Marco, vanha parta!
( = Happy Birthday, Marco, you old beard!)

I don't have any messages or anything just some silly Marco Norris jokes. That will have to do.

- If Marco accidently clicks on a pop up he actually gets a prize for being the 999,999th visitor

- Marco never gets any junk mail because he does not have an email address. Any mail that is not loyal, respectful or awesome enough to deliver itself anyway is not mail that he wants to read.
The only junk mail he has ever got was a scam to transfer money out of Nigeria which he deleted but it paid $60 million into his bank account anyway (even though he didn't give any bank details)

- Once Marco opened a fortune cookie and the fortune was "can you autograph my tarot cds"

- The rarest natural element on Earth (Franconium isotope Fr-207 which has only ever existed briefly in a particle accelerator) has added Marco to its facebook

- The reason that the iceberg that sank the Titanic could not be found was because when Marco was helping the Thor, Odin and the Justice League evacuate passengers the iceberg saw Marco point at it and give it a bit of a look and it melted into seawater out of embarrassment.
Also the reason the Titanic split in two was because of Marco clearing his throat, obviously he didn't mean to do this but he had been helping to bore wells in a third world country by screaming at the ground earlier in the day.

- All Tuesdays in March are special Nightwish festival days because it is a combination of Tuesday (Tuo's day; day sacred to Tuomas Holopainen) and March (Marc. H.; month named after Marco Hietala)

- All search engines refuse to do searches for "marco hietala" because you have not given it capital letters and they will make sarcastic comments back like; didn't you mean Marco Hietala because I think you did

- All Marco's basses have an extra string that you can't see because it exists only in the quantum theoretical universe. This is in case he ever needs to save the world while in the middle of a concert and his bass playing by itself isn't enough. Obviously he's never needed to use it so far so its a bit of a waste of time getting them custom made. But he did twang it by mistake once sinking Atlantis and creating the continent of Antarctica

- If Marco spells anything wrongly all dictionaries in the world rearrange themselves to say that how Marco spelt it is also correct and is in fact a better way of spelling it.
When they were recording 'I want my tears back' they tried getting Marco to pronounce "awe" properly but they decided in the end that Marco's way of saying it as "are" was better (even though it looses the rhyme with for) and went with that in the final version.
Now all the A list Hollywood celebrities are going round saying "aresome" because they want to be like Marco (but of course they are nothing like Marco are are a bunch of losers for doing it)

Happy Birthday Marco!

PS - Those jokes are really good! I love the idea of him screaming at the ground to create wells for 3rd world countries. LOL

Thanks to all the fans qho participated in our project! It was a real pleasure to work with you together!!
I would like to thank to Pere, KathleenKat, Jadelion, Ashley, Desi, Melissa, and our Polish members: Julia, Kaktuska, Sebastian, Kasa "Kajka", Elżbieta, Vinter, Beata and Estera. :))!!

I'm going to send you the card tomorrow! :) Stay tuned! :))

Yes; our two communities work so well together. That's the best part about being part of a fan community; working with other fans all over the world and sharing in our mutual love of this wonderful music!
Wow! Thank you for your kind words! I should definitely post it on our forums for all our fans! :)

I have little surprise for you!! Marco replied!! :D
Dear Adrian and everyone.

Thank you! Your birthday card for me was obviously a work of respect and admiration and I will send nothing less your way. It’s still a wonder to me, how we’ve managed to move and affect so many people with the band and it’s music. It seems that the band and the mundane things we wanted to escape with it, turned into a comet.

In it’s tail we’ve taken a lot of people off to have good times and small miracles. The simple truth is: We’ve helped each other to survive and even get more meaning to our lives. My pile of years just got a bit bigger. As long as it’s still light enough, I’ll be doing this for all of us.

Thank you again!

Marco