Chango Snares?

Pash

Jan 1, 2011
Bournemouth UK
Not really sure where I should post this, but hell, it's the same type of genre.

Change snares, I've heard some people say it's superior drummer, I can really hear that in the kick, but to me the snares don't sound like SD at all. I'm really digging the tones Cam is getting, but can't seem to get anywhere near it. I'm talking about the Woe Is Me, Sleeping With Sirens snare tone.

It's a super fat tone with masses of attack and a really controlled verb/room sound.

Not really a Sturgis question, but I don't know where to post it, if It's in the wrong place, sorry in advance!

Cheers guys!

I'm liking alot of chango's work atm Pash. Apparently he layers a ton of samples together to get the tone. You could try using a transient designer to try and get that snap you're looking for aswell.

[UEAK]Clowd;9999968 said:
am i the only one that is unimpressed with his work??

No, I am actually surprised that there are people on this forum that liked it.
I mean, they do like Joey's stuff but I would assume some people on here would have "standards"

I think some of his stuff is ok......would hardly consider it professional especially compared to alot of the more talented members on this and sneap forum.

I think the rest of his stuff is below average. But his snare tone is sweet. Hence why I asked about the snare tone... And nothing else ;) I didn't ask for a "bitch about why you don't like chango" now did I? ;)

I'm pretty positive he uses superior too, I've had a few friends record there and they've told me so. Plus superiors snare and kick samples stick out like a sore thumb, Its kind of hard to tell in context but I can hear it too.

Not really drooling over the snare or anything but he got a nice bass sound in Antithesis by Jamies Elsewhere