Chango Snares?

I bought the Chango Kit from Cameron's website. He says that they are the same samples that he used for the Woe, Is Me album, and many of his other productions. I can post a sample of them all here sometime soon, sound good?

He gets a lot of grief from people about using the same drum samples on every record, but hey.. his productions are selling, and he's putting food on the table for himself and his family. Until I can do the same.. I'm not gonna get on his case to much about it :Smokin:

Man that sounds awesome! :) A little clip would be great. Totally agree with what you're saying about Cam though, If it's a winning formula, why change it. I can see why he doesn't care about that hate. Can't wait to hear the clip man! :)

Man that sounds awesome! :) A little clip would be great. Totally agree with what you're saying about Cam though, If it's a winning formula, why change it. I can see why he doesn't care about that hate. Can't wait to hear the clip man! :)

Here's the sample!

Just a quick little thing I did with Drumagog.. The snare is ridiculous, it doesn't resemble realism in any way shape or form, but it still sounds cool! Seems like many of the samples and parts of the kit were deliberately clipped for a really over-the-top sound. :headbang:

http://soundcloud.com/samth3mancgp/chango-fop-kit-sample

are they multi sample format? or does he sell just 1 wav for each shell? sounds overly robotic in that clip, as if its just 1 sample played over and over.

They're all .Wav files. You get 4 different hits for each instrument (rack, floor, snare, kick etc.)

are they multi sample format? or does he sell just 1 wav for each shell? sounds overly robotic in that clip, as if its just 1 sample played over and over.

There are multiple samples, but they are all very loud. Most of the snare hits peak at 0.0 dB haha. What you hear on that clip is all the faders for the drums at unity and the cymbals are pulled back between 5-7dB. It definitely sounds robotic, but considering how far from realism the samples already sound, I don't think it matters. They sound blatantly programmed in his productions too. Joey's drums always sound much more realistic compared to these.

They're all .Wav files. You get 4 different hits for each instrument (rack, floor, snare, kick etc.)

Looks like he answered your question. Although I think that it may be 8 hits per drum? They are labeled "L" and "R", but why in the world would you want stereo samples of every drum? I pull a L and R sample of the snare into protools and inverted the phase on one of them. they didn't cancel a whole lot so I assumed they are Left and Right hand samples? I may send Cameron a reply E-mail and ask just to clear up any confusion.

I don't know why but i hate that snare sound. my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks :) I can see why many wouldn't like it.

Hey man thanks for posting that sample! Did you process the drum clips at all?

This is exactly the way they come from him, with the exception of me pulling the cymbals back in the mix quite a bit. They are LOUD, and many of them are clipped. heavily processed (especially the snare). I'd like to see how it would hold up in a mix.

Thanks so much for the clip man! I don't know why, but in mix context, I really genuinely do love the samples sound. I guess it's like marmite, love/hate. I kinda like the robotic-ness, of it. Not for every production, but for the current climate of xSUPER:rofl:JENTSTEPxPASHIONCORExAUTOCRABx music ;) It's right at home. Definately buying these! :)

Hahahahahaha Djentstep and Auto-Core! I wanna hear something from those genres!

I'm all for realism most of the time and prefer micing up real drums and layering in samples to make it sound "bigger", but these samples are perfect for the bands that want really over the top, unrealistic, huge and impossible-to-recreate-onstage productions.

I've got some problems when i'm trying to buy the drum samples... it says that that paypal account has been closed! i'm the only one?

I e-mailed him a few weeks back with some questions about them (your question was not one of them), but he never responded. :(

Right on. What drums are those? Your own? The kick and toms do sound like Cameron's. In the sense that they just sound plastic-y. Not sayin it's a bad thing but i do see some resemblance between yours and his