Chango Snares?

@Simon White, what china sample is that, or anyone else do u no what that is from, possibly form this forum?

I got these samples back in december, but I didn't receive NKI's! I've emailed Cam a few times and have gotten no response. If anyone on here has them, I would greatly appreciate it if you could send them to me.

I bought the MMF kit, but i can't for the love of good get any good sound out of the snare. there are 3 categories in the snare. Direct, crack and big (room). Even if i try to combined them, they doesn't sound anything like the official snare. Even if i put some compression on it and so and so.

I bought this samples yesterday but have not got any email with them yet. Anyone that bought them, how long did it take for you to get them?

Got'em, but the snare don't really fit in the mix. Sounds way too unrealistic, sounds like someone is trying to destroy the snare or something. I tried to blend it with Joey Sturgis snare 1 and it sounded better but still not as good as before. Anyone have any how to mix this to make it sound somewhat realistic?

I know everyone is trying to find some good metal drums. I recently recorded some drums for a YouTube demonstration but along with the session I ask the drummer to do single hits of each drum and of the cymbals. Each drum is printed with and without the room mics. To get the free samples hit the youtube link and look in the description.

Keep making awesome music guys =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-XBj4CLB2c

Cut the 'verb on the drums back a bit more, and maybe brighten them up a tad. Get some guitars in there for more context though.

Thanks fo da crit man. Will try and record guitars if i get time, sounds like a pretty easy song ;) People are always complaining that i use too much reverb lol, i'll try and fix that. Im not sure about brightening up the drums though. Do u mean the cymbals or only the toms and snare or what more specifically?

And how do u guys when u want that massive reverb snare for breakdowns and stuff? Do u just blend in another snare with much reverb or do u remove the normal snare and only use the reverb snare for that part? Hope u understand me, maybe sounds a bit confusing :loco:

Kontakt Player!!! Yummy! Superior Drummer Yucky!!!!!! Everyone wants to sound like somebody else, but the real iconic engineers and musicians of our time sound exactly like themselves. They have created a trademark of sound. You decide what to do!!! Make your own sounds! I'm not saying reinvent the wheel but people are obsessed with sounding like someone else ( no names mentioned ) how to do I know this? I'm guilty of the same misakes! Peace guys!

Kontakt Player!!! Yummy! Superior Drummer Yucky!!!!!! Everyone wants to sound like somebody else, but the real iconic engineers and musicians of our time sound exactly like themselves. They have created a trademark of sound. You decide what to do!!! Make your own sounds! I'm not saying reinvent the wheel but people are obsessed with sounding like someone else ( no names mentioned ) how to do I know this? I'm guilty of the same misakes! Peace guys!

Lol! So no one should buy samples from any producer because then you copying their sound, is that what you saying? People use these samples to experiment, i bought them because i was a bit tired of using my old samples all the time and i wanted to blend them with my old samples to create something new. Your post is fucked up to be honest, and im not really sure why i replied to it...

Lol! So no one should buy samples from any producer because then you copying their sound, is that what you saying? People use these samples to experiment, i bought them because i was a bit tired of using my old samples all the time and i wanted to blend them with my old samples to create something new. Your post is fucked up to be honest, and im not really sure why i replied to it...

what seperates real engineers from wanna be engineers is the fact that the wanna be's want to be the engineer they are imitating. Real engineers want to be them self because they realize that no one is like them in the sense that there is only of them that exist in this world. I read one of Joeys post a while back and he said that he didn't like other people to master his mixes because he knew better than they did about where it was supposed to go because he had mixed it. Joey has become his own engineer and I'd encourage everyone to find that in them selves. I'm not saying to not use certain tools available to you like premade drum samples or others samples, what I am saying I wish people would bring there own creativity to the table and see whats up. Its much more rewarding to operate in this manner anyways.

I think its fucked up that you'd say my post is fucked up! lmao I'm saying be creative, is there a problem in that? I mean I think thats what are supposed to be doing here. If band came to me and said I want my shit to sound exactly like Chango I'd say well then go to Chango.

what seperates real engineers from wanna be engineers is the fact that the wanna be's want to be the engineer they are imitating. Real engineers want to be them self because they realize that no one is like them in the sense that there is only of them that exist in this world. I read one of Joeys post a while back and he said that he didn't like other people to master his mixes because he knew better than they did about where it was supposed to go because he had mixed it. Joey has become his own engineer and I'd encourage everyone to find that in them selves. I'm not saying to not use certain tools available to you like premade drum samples or others samples, what I am saying I wish people would bring there own creativity to the table and see whats up. Its much more rewarding to operate in this manner anyways.

I think its fucked up that you'd say my post is fucked up! lmao I'm saying be creative, is there a problem in that? I mean I think thats what are supposed to be doing here. If band came to me and said I want my shit to sound exactly like Chango I'd say well then go to Chango.

You came out of nowhere and implied that none of us are creative and that we're wannabes. That's fucked up.