Chango Snares?

Haha, just listened to his sound samples. Like it or not, people like this snare sound. I'm recording a band right now who gave me an album to reference and after some research I found that it was produced using Superior. It sounds very similar to the snares I'm hearing on the Chango page.

Having never used Superior myself, to me it just sounds like a beefy compressed snare. I'd figure Joey would be the last person to criticize a producer's work for sounding programmed. Kinda blows my mind actually.:D

Anyone got any sound clips of these drums? He's thrown up a "buy now" link with no clips. I'm tempted to buy if they're close to the "The Hollow" MMF sounds. A band I'm recording in the next few weeks is really shooting for the over processed machine drum sound, and I showed 'em a clip of chango's work, they are really digging the drum tone. Why would you sell audio files without putting a sampler up...

Anyone got any sound clips of these drums? He's thrown up a "buy now" link with no clips. I'm tempted to buy if they're close to the "The Hollow" MMF sounds. A band I'm recording in the next few weeks is really shooting for the over processed machine drum sound, and I showed 'em a clip of chango's work, they are really digging the drum tone. Why would you sell audio files without putting a sampler up...

i'd be interested in this too. Some samples of the samples would be nice. I've sent Cam a email and a facebook message asking for a preview of the drum samples on his site.

He has definitely *improved* his sound tenfold. Have you listened to I See Stars' "3D" ? Quite possibly the worst sounding album ever. Ever lol.

I only have a problem with his drum sounds. They all sound quite overdone and far from any chance of realism. But some of his later work definitely has power as far as the metal genre goes. Listen to the Fit For a King song "Ancient Waters". :headbang:

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe his drums sound the way they do because that's how he likes them?
All everyone talks about is how real they sound.
He doesn't want it to sound that way. He does it intentially.

If someone wants that sound let them have it and you do what you like.

And by god. Post the chango questions in the off topic section.

Regardless of if you like the dude's drum sounds or not, I do like the music that is coming out of his studio. Perhaps he's a really awesome producer, and that's why bands go to him, not because of how real his drums sound.
Just a thought.

fuuuuuuuu! all this shit with Chango.
I'm surprised no one has ever said anything about Wades mixes (The Word Alive etc.) if everyone is ripping into Cam so much...

fuuuuuuuu! all this shit with Chango.
I'm surprised no one has ever said anything about Wades mixes (The Word Alive etc.) if everyone is ripping into Cam so much...

I actually like some of Wades stuff. Most of it is real amps and drums, so I don't really see how it compares to Joey or Cameron.

I actually like some of Wades stuff. Most of it is real amps and drums, so I don't really see how it compares to Joey or Cameron.
It compares because they all work with bands in the same genre. I like Wade, but some of the stuff he puts out sounds terrible, though it seems like everyone lets that slide because omg he uses real amps and drums?!