Chaos Ridden Years...

IT'S B-E-A-FUCKIN-UTIFUL! Well, :lol: if you buy it you will understand that. IMO it's a good live performance, some would point out a lot of shit but hey, I think it was well done. They throw some cool shit into the mix, especially during the intro to Downfall. It's worth the buy from the bonus footage alone, so you'll really get a kick out of it.

But dude, stop making threads. There's been a million CRY threads, plus there was a sticky. If you don't start toning it down or using the search function I'm going to talk to the mods about you. You need to just calm down on the new thread button, imo this didn't deserve a new thread, you could have even asked in the stupid questions thread. Use your head next time. You've been told before, and I'm telling you nicely, for the last time.

No it's not. :Smug:

Mostly agreed.

It's a decent live album. Nothing to get too excited about though, as the playing is sloppy as hell.

Couldn't be farther from the truth.

Check out Black Sabbath's Live Evil, please, or Tokyo Warhearts, and then tell me that Stockholm Knockout is the best live album ever.

The playing was sloppy at some points, but it was not ''sloppy as hell'' ffs stop with the ''Alexi sucks he fails at everything he was just good until FTR era'', it's fucking shit. You might not like the new stuff but he's not shit nowadays as most people claims. Although I agree the paying could have been better, especially in the solo duel. The diminished arpeggios Alexi plays sitting on the car and the part after the harmonics are the things that first come to my mind.

Serious? Wtf? Why? It's heavy metal, it's supposed to be fun! And honestly, all those "we-are-so-fucking-evil"-dudes make me laugh...
Anyhow, isn't the content more important than the style? The music is great, the other stuff does'n really matter for me...

Agreed.

"CoB" and "serious and evil" just doesn't add up lol. I mean cmon, it's not some fcking black metal (respect to black btw), CoB's value is exactly the opposite - they have their own distinct style, and the DVD is absolutely hilarious ^____________^ Maybe it's not the cleanest record ever, but damn that's why it's not a studio record, I personally hate those really "cleaned up" live DVDs, it ruins the athmosphere.

Oh, just make sure you get the Euro release so that you get the Titanic scene ^__________^

live they can be funny but the albums are full of scary reapers and on pictures alexi poses all the time like he's gonna kill someone:lol:
nah its good, the only thing that really annoys me are the 2000 fucks/minute:loco:

Personally, I'm not into live albums, quality is never that good of the music and altough the songs themselves are solid, you really gotta have been there to know how it really was.

Wtf? Live albums rule man, just to hear a song live, how it's different, what they add, that's the whole fun! I used to think the way you do but then I realized... Most of Dimmu Borgir stuff live is amazing, same with Maiden, Arch Enemy (with Johan), etc... Actually some singers sound even better on live tracks (Such as Johan from Arch Enemy and Vortex), imo anyways.

Wtf? Live albums rule man, just to hear a song live, how it's different, what they add, that's the whole fun! I used to think the way you do but then I realized... Most of Dimmu Borgir stuff live is amazing, same with Maiden, Arch Enemy (with Johan), etc... Actually some singers sound even better on live tracks (Such as Johan from Arch Enemy and Vortex), imo anyways.

+1 If I'm listening to songs that were done in Tokyo Warhearts, I'd rather just listen to them in that album rather than the studio album. The changes, Alexi's awesome speech interwoven between songs :lol: and the added instrumentals/melodies they throw at you. It's also just a nice change, and to hear solos and realize that they are actually playing them up on stage with flashing lights, sweat dripping, and added pressure from the audience.

So epic!

nah its good, the only thing that really annoys me are the 2000 fucks/minute

^That actually annoys me about cob live..if Alexi didn't curse so much in attempt to reinforce his metalness he might be able to show his intelligence a bit more,he's a smart guy after all..he seems a bit nervous though when he's talking to the crowd during the CRY show..he slurs his words quite a bit..

^That actually annoys me about cob live..if Alexi didn't curse so much in attempt to reinforce his metalness he might be able to show his intelligence a bit more,he's a smart guy after all..he seems a bit nervous though when he's talking to the crowd during the CRY show..he slurs his words quite a bit..

are you ready mothertruckers!

By evil I mean this (just about the coolest thing I've ever seen)

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YYV-Y1-o87g[/ame]
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HmbFxmLQSzU[/ame]

I agree that it's great how they add new stuff to a song, the intro and more solos and stuff but yet it never gets me, dunno why. Live dvds are better cuz you can actually see what's happening on stage.

+1 If I'm listening to songs that were done in Tokyo Warhearts, I'd rather just listen to them in that album rather than the studio album. The changes, Alexi's awesome speech interwoven between songs :lol: and the added instrumentals/melodies they throw at you. It's also just a nice change, and to hear solos and realize that they are actually playing them up on stage with flashing lights, sweat dripping, and added pressure from the audience.

So epic!

That's exactly why I love my live dvds and going to concerts. It's the atmosphere as well as the added spontaneous stuff.

I agree, I like hearing the different spins they can put on a song live.

Mind you, given the choice between keeping my studio albums, or keeping my live ones of a band, I'd probably keep the studio ones. :p
The playing was sloppy at some points, but it was not ''sloppy as hell'' ffs stop with the ''Alexi sucks he fails at everything he was just good until FTR era'', it's fucking shit. You might not like the new stuff but he's not shit nowadays as most people claims. Although I agree the paying could have been better, especially in the solo duel. The diminished arpeggios Alexi plays sitting on the car and the part after the harmonics are the things that first come to my mind.

I'm not going into "zomg Alexi can't play" mode here, don't worry. I'm just saying, I'm a stickler for accuracy when it comes to albums (live or studio), so when Alexi and Roope make all the mistakes they do (which you can't deny, they do make a lot of mistakes during that show), it sorta pisses me off.

Because I know they can play better than that.

I'm not going into "zomg Alexi can't play" mode here, don't worry. I'm just saying, I'm a stickler for accuracy when it comes to albums (live or studio), so when Alexi and Roope make all the mistakes they do (which you can't deny, they do make a lot of mistakes during that show), it sorta pisses me off.

Because I know they can play better than that.

It's not only Alexi and Roope actually... Wirman messes up quite a bit as well. For example, ever gave some thought to where the first keyb solo in Needled went in the CRY version? :loco:

BUT, it's only understandable since CoB songs are up several levels in difficulty compared to most other bands (with very few exceptions). Their songs are 3-5 minutes of hardcore shredding for most part. Like that article someone posted that said every CoB song has more notes than a whole Black Sabbath album ^______^

BUT, it's only understandable since CoB songs are up several levels in difficulty compared to most other bands

I'm sorry, but COB song are pretty easy to play. You might go "OMG BUT LOL SPPED AND TECHNICS AND EVERYTHING THEY ARE LIKE GODS" but no. The guitars are still ok, add some difficulty for Laiho who gots to sing over them (but guys, come on, Roope's job is pretty easy) but the keyboards are the easiest shit I've ever done, every genre/style/band/instruments.

I'm sorry, but COB song are pretty easy to play. You might go "OMG BUT LOL SPPED AND TECHNICS AND EVERYTHING THEY ARE LIKE GODS" but no. The guitars are still ok, add some difficulty for Laiho who gots to sing over them (but guys, come on, Roope's job is pretty easy) but the keyboards are the easiest shit I've ever done, every genre/style/band/instruments.

I never said anything along those lines. I simply noted that their songs are more difficult than those from other bands as far as I know. Some of their stuff is pretty intense as far as popular music goes anyways. On the other hand, I am neither a guitar or a keyb player so that adds more difficulty to my attemps since it's not intended for my instrument ^___^

I actually meant that their songs have something to work on compared to some other metal bands that make their songs around 3-5 chords per song. Also sorry, but the last sentence looks like a desperate attempt to show off :zombie:

Being able to play is a thing but being able to create is an other one.