CHARLES J - ONE SHOT DEATH SNARES - AVAILABLE NOW!!!

PeterPaul760

Feb 24, 2011
I'm Peter, Owner of Seraph Recording Studios. I am PROUD to announce the first in a series of niched, off the cuff drum samples created and processed by the elusive producer; Charles J (Betraying the Martyrs, King Conquer, Whitechapel).

http://seraphrecordings.com/samples

Below is the information written by Charles J in the included "Read Me" text file that better explains the thoughts, usage and motivation behind the "one shot" idea.

"YOW EVERYONE!!!

Charles J here!

First, let me thank you for purchasing my FIRST 'specialized' sample pack; which I believe to be the first of it's kind specifically catered for blending ONE SHOT samples underneath your drums for instant PUNCH.

These samples may seem odd at first. Who wants just one shot of a SNARE??? WELL, I've found that in the years I've been mixing I ALWAYS end up blending at least a single one shot under my more dynamic, natural snare sound.

What this yields for me personally is the best of both worlds.

You get the VIBE of the dynamic snare with the SMACK, IMPACT and most importantly; the VIOLENCE the one shot adds.

Get creative with these samples. Compress them, filter them, EQ them, distort, mangle and bitcrush them. Whatever it takes to make them work IN THE MIX.

There are no rules.

Destroy rather than create what's MEANINGLESS.

**SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING THE "DEATH SNARES TCI" FILE"**

All of the one shots are contained within this ONE TCI file. To audition each snare in your mix, all you have to do is open the "DEATH SNARES" TCI file and use the "Articulation" section located in the lower left corner of trigger. This will cycle through all of the one shots.

TIME SAVE ALERT!!!!!!

=D

Enjoy everyone, and feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

Cheers and much <3 <3 <3,
Charles J. Wall
Sonic Assault Studios
cjwallgor@gmail.com"

IT'S FINALLY HERE GUYS!

=D

This one is simple, but I'm proud of it.

Just get it. Promise you won't reget it and you will MOST LIKELY use one of these samples in just about EVERY mix you do.

Watch.

You'll see. =D

EDIT: OFFICIAL AUDIO EXAMPLE HERE:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21182972/DRUM%20SAMPLE%20CLIPS/ONE%20SHOT%20DEATH%20A-B.mp3
Two identical drum loops, 100% unprocessed. The first is WITHOUT the addition of a death snare and the SECOND is WITH one of my samples, aptly named the "CLAYMORE SNARE".

thanks SO MUCH Lasse! means a lot coming from someone who gets some of the best drum sounds I've ever heard in my life!!

that's one of my favorites as well...the 9MM has a cool room sound too.

both contain samples recorded in our OLD live room, which was huge w/cathaderal ceilings and hard surfaces everywhere. total shite' as far as clarity and precision was concerned when tracking drum in there but AMAZING for the character of the room, when captured properly.

I just hope everyone "gets" why I put this pack together and the proper useage of it. It seems mostly everyone does. =D

One shots FTW.

OKAY! So I have a personal favor to ask from everyone who has purchased the pack AND had a chance to use it.

Would any of you mind posting some before/after clips?

More specifically, a clip of your drum mix AS IT WAS and a clip featuring YOUR useage of one of the Death Snares, clearly showing the instant impact and smack you get.

Would be AWESOME to hear some clips!!!

^^^^ WOW!! Thank you so much!

Your clip is the EPITOME of what this pack can do! Mind if we use this my friend?

We have our own before and after coming up ASAP!!