CHARLES J - DEATH KICKS - FREE TEASER SAMPLE!!!!

And I'm so sorry for the wait guys!!!

That's why I HAD to put this teaser out.

I've been working 20 hour days getting the new Abiotic Full-Length fully completed and I REALLY didn't want to sacrifice my intensity and focus on the Abiotic stuff and then totally switch the flip and start fucking with Kick Samples, haha.

BTW, I'm thinking of including the custom kick sample I made for the Abiotic record.

GOOD GOD.

I LOVE the way you write, CJ. STOKED for the kicks too, the snares were VIOLENT and I expect nothing less from them! <3 you

Can you not just buy the two separate packs? :p
Of course I can, but I think one single payment and download link for the whole thing is more convenient, as I don't see anything like a shopping card/basket on seraphrecordings online store.
Anyway, you're right, that's not that much of a hassle to pick each one separatley :D

I'm not CJ, of course, but I like that he does include them. With the snare pack he put out, the TCI he includes makes it really convenient for switching between the different snares. You just load the one TCI into TRIGGER and then each articulation option (bottom left corner) gives you a different snare. Makes switching them quick and easy.

I'm guessing if the kick pack is the same format, one-hit samples, that the TCI will be similar for convenience. I hope he does, it's actually a genius idea IMO.
That's a great idea !
Sadly, as long as I use more than one sample slot on Trigger, that fucking articulation feature is buggy as hell on my setup (WinXP, Cubase Studio 5), and I can tweak it only on the first sample slot (the second, third...etc sample slots still display the articulation setting of the first sample slot).
But hey, it's Trigger's fault.

Some of the kicks are one shots, and some are going to have a few hits (all hard). Just depends on how the sample is working in a mix for me. If I feel it sounding too 'mechanical', i'll make say, 3-4 hits.
Nice ! Can't wait to hear these samples.
Do you sometimes use them blended with the natural miced kick, like you do with snares ?

SOMETIMES, it all depends on how good the kick source sounds, really... =D I basically always 100% replace the Kick. I go INTO drum recording sessions WANTING to be able to use natural EVERYTHING but sometimes things just don't pan out as I thought in the mix... or say the drummer is TIGHT but his feet are a little sloppy.

I've only come across two drummers that could pull the whole she-bang off and I could get an incredible natural metal drum sound... time is always the enemy in all of my cases, thought... plus I like to work fast and keep the musician in the moment and inspired so if I have to SACRIFICE the 30 or so minutes I'd LIKE to spend on the kick drum in favor of getting tracking up and running, I'll take the latter... =D FUCK IT

Yeah, it's always hard to have a great sounding and consistent natural kick and it depends a lot on the drummer. 99% of the time, the kick will get lost and sounds weak on fast double bass parts, even with extreme compression and limiting.
Thanks for the explanation !

I did recorded something with the Panzer kick the other day. Totally programmed drums and single samples. Just trying to come up with new ideas for the band.

I'm sort of shy about posting my "mixes" here though.

I did recorded something with the Panzer kick the other day. Totally programmed drums and single samples. Just trying to come up with new ideas for the band.

I'm sort of shy about posting my "mixes" here though.

Don't feel shy about posting mixes bro. People around here don't flame nearly as much as they used to a year ago when I first joined. I'm sure lots of us will give you constructive criticism if we notice anything that needs improving. :cool:

I've had to push it back time and time again lately... still sorting out this whole Abiotic record for Metal Blade.

FRUSTRATION ABOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's done, but it's now becoming a long story.

FejWJIORFSLD

We are still working on this in between other projects we have going on. But they will be out as soon as we can get them out to you guys. :) thanks everyone for being into the snares and the kicks!!!! We can't wait to get you guy's more samples.

This kick is fucking amazing. I'm just waiting for the release any day now. Also, is there a way that I can use this in kontakt?

just drag it from the browser screen onto the instrument space, you don't need an instrument .nki to use the sample in kontakt - unless of course you're using kontakt player which is a whole different thing altogether.

I will probably end up making the .NKI's for it anyway if CJ cannot find anyone available to do so. Just so anyone that purchases them, can have them, and that there will be no problem if you use kontakt player

just drag it from the browser screen onto the instrument space, you don't need an instrument .nki to use the sample in kontakt - unless of course you're using kontakt player which is a whole different thing altogether.

Ohh duhh. Forgot about this lol I was thinking about having it as an actualy nki file but I sure that's going to come soon after the release.

I will probably end up making the .NKI's for it anyway if CJ cannot find anyone available to do so. Just so anyone that purchases them, can have them, and that there will be no problem if you use kontakt player

there will be a problem, which is the demo mode that kontakt player initiates when non-kontakt player libraries are used for more than 10 minutes. devs that want their libraries to be used in kontakt player instead of the full version (like Slate used to) have to pay NI quite a bit to reach more customers that way on the kontakt platform.

there will be a problem, which is the demo mode that kontakt player initiates when non-kontakt player libraries are used for more than 10 minutes. devs that want their libraries to be used in kontakt player instead of the full version (like Slate used to) have to pay NI quite a bit to reach more customers that way on the kontakt platform.

Just close the instance and restart it. Or save, close DAW, reopen the session, worked every time before I got komplete.

CJ is nearing the end of it, about 21 unreal kicks total. Getting ready to get the ball rolling finally, so expect an announcement shortly :)

I've finally completed the DEATH KICK pack in all it's entirety.

28 UNIQUE, multi-samples (all hard hits, 2-4 hits per kick)

WAV, TCI and NKI included in the pack.

Release date and pricing coming ASAP!!!

I think you guys are REALLY going to dig these. If you can't find a kick in here that enhances your mix, something else must be wrong, hahaha.

BTW, it gets REALLY fun when you stack these, pitch certain ones up or down, check phase, etc.