CHARLES J - DEATH KICKS - FREE TEASER SAMPLE!!!!

Charles J

New Metal Member
Oct 12, 2008
Florida
Hey guys!!!

It's finally time to get the ball rolling on the my "Death Kicks" pack!!!

To make everyone happy and resolve a few issues regarding the sale that just past on my "Death Snares" , I am offering the first of MANY drum kick samples to come for the aforementioned pack I'm working on!

The only cavaet is it is is MP3 form, 320kb and IMO, still useable as FUCK even as a LONE sample.

::drum roll:: Here it is! The first in a series. I call this kick the "Panzer Kick". Just like the snares I have a theme for these kicks to help inspire me to make some new, interesting and brutal. This pack is aimed more at LARGE weapons of destruction, especially things that give off a ton of low-end.

Without further distraction, here it is!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80419253/DEATH%20KICKS/CHARLES%20J%20-%20PANZER%20KICK%20TEASE.mp3

EDIT: LINK TO THE "PANZER KICK" teaser sample FIXED!

LET ME KNOW what you think about the kick guys! Any clips of opinions, let 'em out!

Much <3 <3 <3,
Charles J

Dude, that kick sounds RIDICULOUS. Meant the best way one could possibly mean it. Super brutal kick sample alert.

you guys rule, and yes, this kick has some serious weight to it =D

The only post-processing it needs is possible a very sublte HP and LP=D

Nice! I dig the low end punch, i'll definitely grab this one when it's up... if you have it as a .tci of course, too lazy to do those myself :loco:

Got all the other samples on that site and there's some really great sounding samples in those packs. Keep up the good work guys!

=D Thanks all!

And yes, Death Kicks pack will contain .TCI, .NKI and of course, WAV format =D

Shit's sounding EPIC right now. Definitely UNIQUE, which is the utmost goal.

Sounds amazing !
It's also one shot samples this time, or multisamples ?
Do you plan on making a big one shot pack, with kicks + snares ?

Just one last question : what's the use of creating a .TCI for one shot samples, when it's as quick to pick the single WAV file on a folder ?

What's the progress on this pack? Based on the one sample, I would certainly consider it! Thanks. :heh:

-- Phill C

Do you plan on making a big one shot pack, with kicks + snares ?

Can you not just buy the two separate packs? :p

TRUIE said:
Just one last question : what's the use of creating a .TCI for one shot samples, when it's as quick to pick the single WAV file on a folder ?

I'm not CJ, of course, but I like that he does include them. With the snare pack he put out, the TCI he includes makes it really convenient for switching between the different snares. You just load the one TCI into TRIGGER and then each articulation option (bottom left corner) gives you a different snare. Makes switching them quick and easy.

I'm guessing if the kick pack is the same format, one-hit samples, that the TCI will be similar for convenience. I hope he does, it's actually a genius idea IMO.

^^^ Mike has it correct, there is only a SINGLE .TCI included for the Death Snares setup exactly as he mentioned. Makes it SO MUCH EASIER to audition one shots just by holding changing the articulation, but instead of it being like Slate's or others "articulations" this is just setup to go through every snare sample.

I can't take full credit for this idea as Jeff Dunne actually turned me onto it but it's insanely genius and so OBVIOUS, but at the same time, NOT.

I'm hoping to get the kick pack out by next week.

Some of the kicks are one shots, and some are going to have a few hits (all hard). Just depends on how the sample is working in a mix for me. If I feel it sounding too 'mechanical', i'll make say, 3-4 hits.

The full version of the Panzer Kick contains three hits. And I decided to do this because I find that mutli's of the same kick can really make more room for low-end in the mix as the different Kick samples will help the low-end 'move' more and help clearing up a mix. Especially in faster Tech-Death stuff.

For your typical super heavy type band, I recommend the One-Shots DEPENDING on how violent you want it be =D

OF WHICH, these samples really bring the violence either way. Hahah, that's my shit!!!

Anyone have any mixes using the PANZER kick?