Charlies best Album(drummingly of course)

Apr 3, 2005
IL
Ok, a post that Exothrax did made me think about this. Fistful was just like any other metal drumming in 1983. STD was awesome. Charlies drumming on that was fantastic(I think the intro to A.I.R is awesome and it takes a drumming legened to think of something like that). ATL was truely amazing. He really got into the double bass alot and he was just so fast and aggressive on that album. SOE was just power beats and regular beats. POT was really cool drummingly. SOWN was really cool to because it showed that he could play drums in a different style well. S442 was pure genius...everything he did was very tiring(if you try to play the whole album you really get a work out) and it went perfectly with the songs. Vol. 8 was also genius. It showed me that he could play with feeling and he sounded like a true percussionist in fucking metal. And finally WCFYA. On this album Charles put everything he knows into it. He was fast and agressive on some songs like What doesnt die. He also come up with amazingly unique beats like in Nobody Knows Anything.

So for me its a tie between STD, ATL, S442, Vol.8, and WCFYA.

MetalT

WCFYA

Live I just love how he'll throw double bass into something like NFL and your like where the fuck did that come from.

I always thought POT, just for his work on Time and Discharge in particular.

Don't forget his work with Stormtroopers Of Death, Charlie Don't Cheat and Milk are incredible. Although for Anthrax it is definitely We've Come For You All.

I love all his shit, but I might have to say WCFYA ass well. Agreed, the fills on that record, and nobody knows anything itself are just too incredible.

Not judging his techincal ability displayed but in context of where his drumming just carried the whole album I would say POT/SOWN personally.

He was the foundation for some monster grooves and riffs to build on both those albums.

Keep it in the Family for me though simple is just awesome - especially on GO2E. He absolutely carries that song from start to finish and for me personally I just love his drumming on that. As I said its just more in keeping with the song rather than in keeping with his display of how technical and fast he is.

As I said technically Nobody Knows Anything he totally destroys but in the context of just being the heartbeat of a song its those other albums.

Only - he absolute dominates on that song.

His intro drum rolls on Discharge are just mind blowing.

Charlie is the man. :headbang:

wcfya as his most mature effort and spreading the disease ans his most chaotic,we all quickly forget this but charlie did ponnder about his drumming for a while in between stomp and volume records,glad he got the fire back for drumming.