check my new song! (Pod xt - ADdrums - metalcore?)

Hi again!
I ve managed to get some time to re-record (and pimp a bit hahah) my old song called fractals, so this 3 songs (Diode, Egg, Fractals) goes to studio soon to put the vox on, in few weeks I hope:) Its made with my old presets, any new to talk about... hope the mix is listenable,I dont trust too much in my cheapo headphone, and I still cant mix :) Its more melodic stuff than my prev shits, but I hope its ok for you.

--> FractaL
if dl doesnt work, check out on myspace! ^

I m open to any advices!

killer again, dude! got any info on the AD preset? I couldn't probably use the preset because I'm still running the demo, but it's AWESOME! I'm guessing the guitars are big bottom?

and yea, I must admit I like the mix on Egg just a tad better

let me congratulate you on your songwriting as well, mister! :)

Hey fuge, what effects are you using on the master track, specifically loudness levels. I can never get my stuff as loud as everyone elses. What soundcard are you using?

thanks dudes! glad you like it!
sure, this drum is the same in egg, here s the preset: egg.ADPreset (Thanks for Zool again)
Hey fuge, what effects are you using on the master track, specifically loudness levels. I can never get my stuff as loud as everyone elses. What soundcard are you using?
I have the same problem...:S just compare this songs level to another, I didnt have time for tweaking the mix further, but its the limiter and multiband compressing thats responsible for the master level, I guess..
Need to balance the freqency spectrum of the song, so you can maximize the level without cutting edges. too bad I can't use this properly..
My soundcard is the pod, instead of the crappy AC'97 :) (I m recing via usb all the time) thanks for listening dudes!
on the guitars there is a Splat88 curve EQ I forgot to write, thanks Splat!

Another great song!!! I can easily see this stuff on a major release. Skip the computer engineering and pursue music and recording... I see good stuff in your future. Not many people have such a signature sound especially at your age. You already have an identifiable style on guitar. That's huge.

Another great song!!! I can easily see this stuff on a major release. Skip the computer engineering and pursue music and recording... I see good stuff in your future. Not many people have such a signature sound especially at your age. You already have an identifiable style on guitar. That's huge.

That'd be dumb. He can do both.

What's this splat EQ curve you speak? I must have missed this somewhere.

@ fuge... nice song, agree with u when u say egg sounds better and i would add that the lead part with legato in the chorus (i think) sounds too similar to egg's one.. obliously kick ass riffing :kickass:

This song is brilliant too.

However that riff in Egg with the harmonics followed by the whammy depress is simply stunning. One of the coolest riffs I ever heard. Honestly. The groove to it is so, so good.

Nice work dude, great tone, amazing riffs.