CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009 ANNOUNCES DATES & WELCOMES PAGANFEST

Sorry. ;)

Also, for anyone who plans on booking a room at the Super 8, we've finally settled everything & you can go ahead now.

We've worked out a discount for $79.99 for anyone who mentions "Chicago Powerfest". If there are any issues & you're quoted more, let me know.

Thanks, Rob. Booked mine this morning. FYI, $79.99 is for a room with ONE bed. Two beds are $84.99. Still not bad. Thursday is cheaper...can't remember if they told me $64.99 or $69.99 (two beds). :oops:

Let the party planning begin! :kickass:

Thanks, Rob. Booked mine this morning. FYI, $79.99 is for a room with ONE bed. Two beds are $84.99. Still not bad. Thursday is cheaper...can't remember if they told me $64.99 or $69.99 (two beds). :oops:

Let the party planning begin! :kickass:

That's not a discount at all..those are all the same rates available if you book on their website. Rob - I'd call them back and request something since you're giving them A LOT of business, the rate they quoted you appears to the normal everyday rate.

I believe this is what Rob knew and wasn't telling us:

Looks like Korpiklaani is headlining and Primordial has been bumped to the third slot.

Rock The Nation has announced the final tour lineup of PaganFest USA: Part 2 with two brand new additions to the upcoming traveling spectacle: Finland's folk freaks KORPIKLAANI as the new headliners, and straight off the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, New Jersey's crazy pirate metal drunks SWASHBUCKLE as the opening party-starters throughout the tour!

This year's PaganFest USA was a huge success, and according to Rock The Nation manager and KATAKLYSM frontman Maurizio Iacono, "the hype is not over just yet! Like all the things I do in my life, whether I listen to what people say and what people want, there's no way we would not top this year's PaganFest USA with the next one, so we thought of the ultimate line up and went for it! This will be THE event to be at for 2009, that's for certain. Please welcome KORPIKLAANI and SWASHBUCKLE to the fold and raise your glasses and swords. Prepare for one hell of a good time!"

Part 2 of this incredible saga will now present the following bands in order of appearance beginning with the headliners: Finland's KORPIKLAANI, Switzerland's ELUVEITIE, Ireland's PRIMORDIAL, Finland's MOONSORROW, Canada's BLACKGUARD (formerly known as PROFUGUS MORTIS) and New Jersey's SWASHBUCKLE.

The first date of this unique trek has been revealed as May 7, 2009 at the Chicago Powerfest. More dates will be announced in January.

3118588889_8555b9cbde_o.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111118

I believe this is what Rob knew and wasn't telling us:

Looks like Korpiklaani is headlining and Primordial has been bumped to the third slot.

3118588889_8555b9cbde_o.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111118

Something is odd though, How did Primordial get upstaged by Eluveitie? Beforehand they were just the supporting act. I mean Personally I like Eluveitie more but something feels amiss.

If this is true then I have a good friend who will be exited about Korpiklanni

Something is odd though, How did Primordial get upstaged by Eluveitie? Beforehand they were just the supporting act. I mean Personally I like Eluveitie more but something feels amiss.

If this is true then I have a good friend who will be exited about Korpiklanni

It does seem strange. The only thing I can think of is that Eluveitie was on the last tour here, getting the exposure. Primordial has never toured the States before. From the fans' point of view they shouldn't have gotten upstaged, but from the way things really work, they don't get the upper hand.

I'm super excited to see both!

I'll be fine with this as long as Primordial doesn't get dicked when it comes to playing time.

Britt

I think with this announcement, they just did . There are now 6 bands on the tour. I'd guess Primordial will probably get 20-30 minutes. I was expecting them to get ~60 minutes until this announcement. :erk:

Glad I saw the headline set at Heathen Crusade a few years ago. :headbang: