Chicago show Review

I missed Moonspell's set and DevilDriver was boring.

I agree that the sound wasn't the best, Lopez's snare drums were flat at first but they fixed that, I barely heard Peter much of the night, but despite the sound problems I thought it was a great set. They dragged during the mellow parts, but I'm used to that by now. :p Mike, despite his cold was really talkative to the crowd and gave a great vocal performance. I was hoping for a little phlegm action in his growls due to the cold, but I'm not about to complain. Highlight for me was April Ethereal, I can now die a happy man, and Blackwater Park, I went fucking nuts for the last few minutes of it.

With regards to the fan's treatment of DevilDriver, it was juvenile, but so was Dez's reaction. I thought Mike's comments about the issue were correct, if you don't like them, fine, but don't be an asshole. To demonstrate even further the stupidity that was amidst the crowd after his comments Mike took a few boos and remarks.

No one booed, or turned their backs on Moonspell. Moonspell is a respectable band.

Devil Driver on the other hand, goes around saying they are the "blackest of the black", and the "deadliest of the death", in reference to metal, and their music. Too bad they sound more like Slipknot. They're a bunch of arrogant, cocky fucks, and don't deserve respect the way they go around acting the way they do. They have no confidence in their music it seems, so they have to put up this facade like they are the best band(we're the "blackest of the black"), and they are the shit. In reality though it's not anything like that.

Dez should get back and re-form Coal Chamber ( if they are still around or what I don't know), and continue to play nu - metal, instead of trying to jump on this current black/death metal trend.

I think Mikael was a bit disappointed, just for the fact that we weren't showing respect, but I don't think he honestly cares. And if Mikael was actually telling the truth, he should be the last one to talk. In many interviews he has made fun of other bands -- blink 324 or whatever the fuck they're called, or as he says Staind is just boy bands with guitars. Now he is playing with one. I think he just did it because he has to tour with this band, and deal with them. I'm sure Mikael gave Dez a little lecture about being professional and dignified.

Didn't Mike rip on DD when he said something like, "Devildriver had a bigger pit than this! What the fuck?" Sorry if my last post sounded real ignorant. I wasn't aware of other people doing the same thing I was.

Yea mike said He was watching from the balcony and saw devil driver had a bigger pit, so theres ur proof that I really did see him up there and Im not halluncinating. I think

OK, time for my two cents...

For some reason, I saw a LOT of people I knew at this show. I went with four of my friends and left with like 11 people, haha.

Missed Moonspell 'cos I was eating downstairs before the show, lol. I'm not a huge fan of them anyway. As for Devildriver... Yeah, they sucked... I agree that booing them was rude and whatnot, but when Dez reacted by throwing a hissy fit, I immediately lost any respect I had for them. I don't blame the whole venue for booing them at that point.

It's like with Limp Bizkit last summer... it was juvenile of the crowd to throw things at them, but Fred Durst throwing a tiraide and calling Chicago "a bunch of faggots" didn't help things out. No sympathy for him or the Dez from DD.

OPETH... wow. :worship: I'd seen them twice before this, but they seemed to have so much more power this time around. Favorite songs (personally) were Deliverance, April Ethereal, In My Time of Need, Demon of the Fall. Only bad thing was the way certain people *cough* acted... there were two really annoying chicks near the moshpit acting all obnoxious. Their behavior wouldn't even have been excusable if they were hot (which they weren't).

I didn't think the sound was bad at all. Not really great, but not bad either.

If anyone saw me I was the dude with the AFI hoodie that said Mike looked like Jesus Christ (Sorry, just had to say it, lol :D )

What a fucking show. Chicago does not fuck around. We made Fred Bisquit cry and same goes for Dez Farfarafarafafaafafffa. He got dissed and went back to 5th grade. 'why dont you let go of your girlfriend and get in the pit pussy' *crowd yells kataklysm* 'Fuck them! i feed of that shit!'

Opeth slayed. Enough said.

I was at the Opeth show too and I totally agree with Clad in Darkness. If Dez never would've said anything it never would've been an issue. He needs to take a lesson from Mikael and learn to be a professional. There are always assholes who yell and do stupid shit during their clean parts, especially at the show in Milwaukee I was at last year, and Mikael never breaks a sweat. Dez will definitely have to get used to it, because they are going to get a lot more of those kind of stunts. (Unless of course there was a miracle and they actually learned to play decent music. ) :)

Anti-Everything said:
What a fucking show. Chicago does not fuck around. We made Fred Bisquit cry and same goes for Dez Farfarafarafafaafafffa. He got dissed and went back to 5th grade. 'why dont you let go of your girlfriend and get in the pit pussy' *crowd yells kataklysm* 'Fuck them! i feed of that shit!'

Opeth slayed. Enough said.

Lmao... Did the crowd really yell "Kataklysm"? If so thats fucking gold! :D

there were myself and about 4 other guys doing most of the DD hating, we were on the left side by the non alcoholic bar.

You know those ramps there? I was standing right at the entrance most of the night, It was so funny to see the many many people push through people to run right into the railing, then be like 'oh ugh' and then turn right, push through some people right into another railing and then be like 'ug um, no go down' they'd give up and start to walk away but then I'd point them in the right way.

hah, i was there right along the rail on the right side....man i didnt get into devildriver, and i thought that dez's reaction to the guy int he crowd was just ridiculous....dez needs to tone himself down, just because that ONE PERSON who isn't into them. He acts as if everyone is gonna eat up Devildriver and go nuts. thats not how it works...some people are just NOT gonna like them. as for the Kataklysm remarks, HAH, thats great, i really wish they played instead, there new shit is F*cking awesome.

Well, for the most part Dez was centering all the attention on me, and my girlfriend.

I didn't hear most of the Devil Driver bashing. All I heard were people threatening us. Erunantalon would have been one of us, but he kind of decided not to turn "all the way around", heh I'm just fucking around. He would have rather had that girl's ass over him :)

CladInDarkness said:
Well, for the most part Dez was centering all the attention on me, and my girlfriend.

I didn't hear most of the Devil Driver bashing. All I heard were people threatening us. Erunantalon would have been one of us, but he kind of decided not to turn "all the way around", heh I'm just fucking around. He would have rather had that girl's ass over him :)
Oh yeah... you know it man. Hey and I might not have been all the way around, but at least I looked bored. It was hard not too.

Well if they did take pictures they would've seen that you were chickening out because you decided NOT to turn around with me and Clad in Darkness. Haha you know i am messing around, Erunantalon. It would've helped a lot if you had turned around though.