Chicago was perfect.

Dreaming Neon Szaf said:
When I found out what the NY set list was, I was hoping for a slightly different set but after witnessing that masterpiece, who could argue with the choice of songs.

Boy, you know I could complain about that setlist! I'm a professional complainer - got my degree. DAMN was it cold in that line outside. I waited for 45 minutes without a coat - I can't imagine being there for hours.

Embalmer said:
Boy, you know I could complain about that setlist! I'm a professional complainer - got my degree. DAMN was it cold in that line outside. I waited for 45 minutes without a coat - I can't imagine being there for hours.

You could have, you know, paid the 5 dollars for a meal at the restaurant and waited inside.

hey batastrophe(jessica was it?) i was playing the game with you! i was playing the bottle cap game with you. i was the tall guy in the black bomber coat and brownish cargo pants. good times eh! nice to meet you though. you guys were cool. those front row seats kicked ass huh? : )

The Chicago show was absolutley amazing! The seats were really nice to have (if you were one of the people in the seats that is haha) I'm so glad i was convinced to buy food at the restraunt otherwise I would've been waiting outside freezing for 5 hours! usually i consider buying food at the restraunt "cheating" but i bought food with my friend anyways and got front row seats and the bottle cap game ruled! even though i sucked at it, but i caught it in my mouth....Opeth would've been proud of me
The hightlight of the night for me was the song Under the Weeping Moon, its one of my favorite Opeth songs
and i also loved it when Mikael told the one guy to "Shut up" haha
the only downfall of the night was hearing people talking during Windowpane and Closure, but none the less, the nite could not be beat!

Detric said:
Shit, you guys are fucking lucky. I hope they will play that setlist on Wacken as well, but I dont think the chances are that high.

Wacken?!!? are they going to play on Wacken?! I thought they werent gonna play on Wacken...?

EDIT: they are gonna play on wacken!!!! HOT DAMN!

TonysApprentices said:
Wacken?!!? are they going to play on Wacken?! I thought they werent gonna play on Wacken...?

EDIT: they are gonna play on wacken!!!! HOT DAMN!
Haha, yeah man they are playing Wacken! Its gonna be great! :Spin:

Opeth played amazingly in Chicago. The whole set was amazing and performed flawlessly IMO. Despite my back pain and the stupidity of how the HoB set up the chairs, I completely enjoyed the show.

Well that, and all the tall people (and I'm 6'02", and even I had trouble seeing) who would stand in front of me and people around me... It was quite annoying.

Mike was spot on hilarious, too. Even moreso than the last time they came to Chicago (but they played "Bleak" that tour, and that owned).

Oh, and I was the tall guy in red hair that was standing next to pate.

Did Mike introduce TNATSW or did they just go into it? If he introduced it, what'd he say about it? I'm hoping one of these shows is bootlegged eventually.

NicholasDWolfwood said:
Did Mike introduce TNATSW or did they just go into it? If he introduced it, what'd he say about it? I'm hoping one of these shows is bootlegged eventually.
He said he did not like the recorded version of the song but all in all it was a good track. I believe that's all he said about it.

Goodyear said:
He said he did not like the recorded version of the song but all in all it was a good track. I believe that's all he said about it.

Yep, that's all he said. Then afterwords he said they decided to get away from all the guitar harmony stuff and go heavier with their next album.:hotjump:

Vegetaman said:
Opeth played amazingly in Chicago. The whole set was amazing and performed flawlessly IMO. Despite my back pain and the stupidity of how the HoB set up the chairs, I completely enjoyed the show.

Well that, and all the tall people (and I'm 6'02", and even I had trouble seeing) who would stand in front of me and people around me... It was quite annoying.

Mike was spot on hilarious, too. Even moreso than the last time they came to Chicago (but they played "Bleak" that tour, and that owned).

Oh, and I was the tall guy in red hair that was standing next to pate.

I'm 6'5, I annoy a lot of people at concerts :loco: , nothing I can really do about it but I always feel bad

I was about 6 rows of people behind the soundboard dead center next to some kid who had dreadlocks

Well you can't help it if you're tall... But I let some shorter people stand in front of me, so they could kind of see. Still, there were so many tall people in front of all of us, it was ridiculous. I had to either watch Peter or Mike, but not both.

Chicago was fucking great. My neck is still hurting like hell, but it was all worth it.

I happened to show up right before it started getting really packed in the center. I was a bit off to the center left, and I think I might've been right behind Warlock Lord, since I do remember a guy wearing an Emperor Anthems shirt with a girl. It's definitely him if he's the guy who pushed the asshole who was pushing through everybody else around us without even a "sorry" or "excuse me". I would've done the same.

I started headbanging severely when they played The Leper Affinity. I love that song to no end.

I was also in that area behind the soundboard. I could see the setlist on the board, which ruined some of the fun, but I had no idea they were doing TNATSW, and I flipped out during that. I was so amazed. By far that was the highlight of the show. The Leper Affinity was also top-notch. I yelled out "piano solo" at the end, not knowing they were actually going to do it.

Feorel said:
I happened to show up right before it started getting really packed in the center. I was a bit off to the center left, and I think I might've been right behind Warlock Lord, since I do remember a guy wearing an Emperor Anthems shirt with a girl. It's definitely him if he's the guy who pushed the asshole who was pushing through everybody else around us without even a "sorry" or "excuse me". I would've done the same.

Might have been. Honestly I don't really have much memory of who I pushed or pushed through that night. Apart from Opeth themselves that night's a bit of a blur.

The night was definitley great. I was in the 3rd row center left side. Pretty optimal viewing distance. Though the fag that yelled everyone stand up ended getting next to me and my freind...I seriously wished the dude he was telling to stand up would have jacked him in the face. The guy didnt want to get up and he was yelling at him to do so. I was wearing an Emperor shirt...the Anthems one. What I thought was humerious was when Mike was introducing The Amen Coner and someone yelled out "When" and he said "1997" :lol:
And I wanted to rip the vocal chords out of the dude who kept growling after EVERY song...save it for when your standing in front of a mirror or something for fucks sake. Anyways great show as always.

That same guy that growls after every song is at like every damn show in Chicago, I always see him and hear him. He is pretty annoying, but nothing we can do about it.