Thank You Opeth For The Best Night Of My Life

Mar 18, 2002
VA, USA
soilworkers.com
Thank you Opeth from the bottom of my heart. Last night was too perfect for words. I have more respect for you guys than I do for any other band period. Putting out two albums and doing what you have to do to promote both of them took a lot I know. What you guys expect from yourselves is worlds beyond what I could ever expect out of any human, yet you do it with amazing fortitude and optomism.

What is more is that you, Mikael, were sick with a cold and you still played and sang flawlessly. What you did last night was unbelievable and I can imagine how hard it was for you. You have all my respect for your dedication and I admire the hell out of you and your entire band. It was the last gig of your tour, but you performed like it was your very first one. Thank you for such a great show and so many great albums. You have a place in my heart forever.

Now I know for a fact that the band probably will not be able to read this, but that is okay. I just wanted to express my feelings openly and around people who I know love Opeth just as much as I do. Here is to the best metal band around: Opeth!

SoilworkForever said:
Thank you Opeth from the bottom of my heart. Last night was too perfect for words. I have more respect for you guys than I do for any other band period. Putting out two albums and doing what you have to do to promote both of them took a lot I know. What you guys expect from yourselves is worlds beyond what I could ever expect out of any human, yet you do it with amazing fortitude and optomism.

What is more is that you, Mikael, were sick with a cold and you still played and sang flawlessly. What you did last night was unbelievable and I can imagine how hard it was for you. You have all my respect for your dedication and I admire the hell out of you and your entire band. It was the last gig of your tour, but you performed like it was your very first one. Thank you for such a great show and so many great albums. You have a place in my heart forever.

Now I know for a fact that the band probably will not be able to read this, but that is okay. I just wanted to express my feelings openly and around people who I know love Opeth just as much as I do. Here is to the best metal band around: Opeth!

Mikael posts here on occaision. But rarely, so you could be right.

Can't. Wait. For. Tour. With. Porcupine. Tree.

I'm. Going. Insane.

FUCKING STOP POATGFDOPKGHELPLMEHELPHELPAHHHICAN'T TAKETIHSANYMOREOHGODSOMEBODYKILLME.

Great post man, Opeth is definitely one of the best bands out there and deserve all the attention they have/will recieve. I attended the Seattle show a few months ago and it was one of the best concert experiences I've had so far. Oh, and Soilwork is f'n great too!

I was at the concert Saturday and it did indeed rule. For those of you interested here is the setlist:

The Leper Affinity
Advent (Sounded awesome!)
Deliverance
The Drapery Falls
Credence
Godhead's Lament
A Fair Judgement

Ya just reading this makes me have more respect for em..hehe but im with the other dudes...i probably wont see them...unless they tour canada...or i take a hell of a long trip to the states if they play there..or across the sea somewhere. but whatever...OPETH RULE! \m/