Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

^You most certainly haven't checked the guy above you videos if you think that, although Mitch is amazing too. That other guy is ok, but I don't like the "I show off playing faster" plus the audio quality isn't that good.

@Shadowsouls: Good job!

Nice ones Arcane!

Well... if you look at his other videos they're normal speed.

Personally, those two guys are the only ones who can get some of alexi's feeling. Almost all of youtube has no feeling in their playing.

^
Wtf? :lol:
Arcane has some goddamn good videos,he plays every guitar and he's tecnically great.I love watching his covers and at least i see more feelings on Arcane then on that chinese or whatever he is.

Edit @Arcane: How can you make the last bending at 5:16 so powerfull and dirty?

I love the YABOD one...
Awesome job!
Thx dude!

^You most certainly haven't checked the guy above you videos if you think that, although Mitch is amazing too. That other guy is ok, but I don't like the "I show off playing faster" plus the audio quality isn't that good.

Nice ones Arcane!
Thx Hose!

Arcane: Those were both bad ass covers. Thanks for showing us how you play the leads in YBOD. Can you do it again slower? JK. =)
No problem :)

At 1:07 you just pinch the harmonic and then slide,don't you?
It's all ok but i don't menage to let the slide harmonic be loud enough...(maybe it's the shitty amp)

Also the part

-------------17-----------------21------------------19-------
---15-17-19----19-17-19-21-22----22-21--17-19-21----21-19-
(til the end of the bar)

Is pretty hard...at least for me :)

Yeah, it's just a pinch harmonic and a slide. And the part you've mentioned is a really tricky one. I couldn't play it without any mistakes - this was also the one where I needed the most recordings. :)
^

Edit @Arcane: How can you make the last bending at 5:16 so powerfull and dirty?

It all comes from your right hand. Just hit the strings as hard as you can and try to make a wide vibrato with your left hand.

Some wrong notes here 'n there but the sound quality is awesome I think! I made the Backing Track with Fruity Loops and Adobe Audition.

Last edited by a moderator:
can somebody help me, i want to post some covers but i dunno how to record it, the gear i have is a multi effects pedal, a 10 watt amp and a camera, but i want to make good quality vids like those above, any suggestions?

^IIRC Sony Vegas 8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdiLOGvvaq4

Some wrong notes here 'n there but the sound quality is awesome I think! I made the Backing Track with Fruity Loops and Adobe Audition.

Awesome! Really tight playing, didn't really notice wrong notes in it, or at least not that they stand out, great job! Would you mind sending me the bass and key soundfonts you used? I can't seem to find good ones and I don't like the drums in the old bts.

Also, was the original track underneath but very low or is it me imagining Alexi screaming at the end?

can somebody help me, i want to post some covers but i dunno how to record it, the gear i have is a multi effects pedal, a 10 watt amp and a camera, but i want to make good quality vids like those above, any suggestions?

I want to win the F-1 Championship. I have a 20 year old Renault Clio. Any suggestions?

Jokes aside,
Suggestion nº1: go and get either a great soundcard to plug your pedal in or get a Toneport or so.
Suggestion nº2: until you've fulfilled nº1, no further suggestions needed for good quality recordings. You can aswell record with your computer cam and make regular Youtube vids, but Arcane or Mitch do their videos plugging their Pandora into the computer line in.

I want to win the F-1 Championship. I have a 20 year old Renault Clio. Any suggestions?

Jokes aside,
Suggestion nº1: go and get either a great soundcard to plug your pedal in or get a Toneport or so.
Suggestion nº2: until you've fulfilled nº1, no further suggestions needed for good quality recordings. You can aswell record with your computer cam and make regular Youtube vids, but Arcane or Mitch do their videos plugging their Pandora into the computer line in.

:lol: well i can certainly buy some new shit...
well i think pandora is a multi effects?? correct me if im wrong... and how do you do the vid recording? cuz its pretty clear that audio is recorded separately, again, correct me if im wrong. do u also need editing?? like what programs or so..

^IIRC Sony Vegas 8.
Would you mind sending me the bass and key soundfonts you used? I can't seem to find good ones and I don't like the drums in the old bts.

Just butting in but if you want to get a more realistic sound your going to have to look to VSTs and Software intruments, I'm using Logic now and the bass guitar AUs are incredible when tweaked, you actually wouldn't know the difference, I think you recommended me cakewalk bass about a year ago so you know about that one, Also the Native Instruments Scarbee Bass is really good, another options is you can just pitchshift your guitar down an octave and run it through bass amp models, this way you don't have to mess with midi and when using a dry guitar track you can edit all the amps and effects after, hope that helps.

Awesome playing Arcane, rythm tones sounds amazing, I have to learn to edit videos like that

@ Steve: Yeah, I use Sony Vegas but I've upgraded to 9 :)

@ Jose: I could sent you my key track for this song but I have all keyboard parts in one track for it's own and when I put them all together and sent you the file it will loose a lot of its sound quality. IIRC you also have adobe audition, or? And maybe Fruity Loops too? If yes, I can tell you exactly how I've made my backing track. Otherwise I will try to upload all of my key tracks but all are .wmv files so it will be really big :) My basstrack is nothing more than this shitty ariya pro bass soundfont thing from hammersound. > You should take a look at the ones Irenicus told you

@ Irenicus: thx for the tipp! I was searching for some good bass vst's. will definitely try out the logic thing. AU=what?

@charli: when Mitch or I record our videos we don't do it seperately. Audio and video will be recorded at the same time but video only with my digicam (whereas Mitch uses his webcam) and audio over line-in.
The problem with my videos is that I have to sync them after the recording because I have my video on my digicam and the audio on my harddrive. Mitch don't need to do this because of his webcam

Btw... the xkamen guy is using an Edwards guitar in his Sioux City video. Didn't know that ESP also makes those Jackson RR shapes

^Of course they do, only the USA versions are bigger :)

About the keys I didn't want the actual files for the cover, but the preset or whatnot you use in Fruity Loops to create them, so if you can send those and explain a bit (I know how to work them in FL, but if you do something extra the advice will be much apreciated) it'll be great :kickass:

well i think pandora is a multi effects?? correct me if im wrong... and how do you do the vid recording? cuz its pretty clear that audio is recorded separately, again, correct me if im wrong. do u also need editing?? like what programs or so..

The Pandora is like a pedalboard but put in a tiny and easy to handle box with some other features. It has a line out in where Mitch and Arcane plug a cable that then goes into the line in of the computer so the Pandora sounds through it and they can record it.

Just butting in but if you want to get a more realistic sound your going to have to look to VSTs and Software intruments, I'm using Logic now and the bass guitar AUs are incredible when tweaked, you actually wouldn't know the difference, I think you recommended me cakewalk bass about a year ago so you know about that one, Also the Native Instruments Scarbee Bass is really good, another options is you can just pitchshift your guitar down an octave and run it through bass amp models, this way you don't have to mess with midi and when using a dry guitar track you can edit all the amps and effects after, hope that helps.

Awesome playing Arcane, rythm tones sounds amazing, I have to learn to edit videos like that

Thanks for that, I'll try and look for some too. I know those sound more realistic, but atm I'm looking for a way to do quick bts so I don't have to play and record over the original tracks, so I wanna have FL presets too. For drums I always use Addictive Drums, but as Reason is huge and I'm short of HD space I want Fruity Loops for not so good quality but smaller files. Bass I try to record it always, but I want to download one of those too when I have time because I'm no bassist and some things I can't pull them out as I want them, so having a VST bass would be cool.

I just wanted to say that the audio is NOT recorded separately and NEVER has been. All my videos are 'live' and video and audio are recorded at the same time.

ok so you put ur pandora to the mic input of the pc and then hit rec in the web cam driver program

^Of course they do, only the USA versions are bigger :)

About the keys I didn't want the actual files for the cover, but the preset or whatnot you use in Fruity Loops to create them, so if you can send those and explain a bit (I know how to work them in FL, but if you do something extra the advice will be much apreciated) it'll be great :kickass:

Nah, I mean the shape of a Jackson guitar. Jackson and ESP are different. The ESP RR'S are "fatter" and bigger.

OK, when you have Fruity Loops and adobe audition it should be no problem. Render every key track with this christian collins soundfont and load them in adobe audition. What I do is I tweak them by using a wide stereo effect and a warm concert hall plugin (effects-special-mastering). And then I go over them with an equalizer - done.

Nah, I mean the shape of a Jackson guitar. Jackson and ESP are different. The ESP RR'S are "fatter" and bigger.

OK, when you have Fruity Loops and adobe audition it should be no problem. Render every key track with this christian collins soundfont and load them in adobe audition. What I do is I tweak them by using a wide stereo effect and a warm concert hall plugin (effects-special-mastering). And then I go over them with an equalizer - done.

Ah ok cool! Could you please send me that soundfont? I used to have a lot of them, but they went to hell dunno why.

allright i have a problem, my web cam recs very slowly, i think this is due to a sort of "night" or "low light" mode preset, cuz at first its ok, but after a few secs it lightens up and slows down, i guess the driver program is the problem, cuz ive tweaked every option and it doesnt fix, any suggestions on sort of web cam driver programs to record?

NOW WHO IS HE?

Since he's 11 years old and all he has to do is play guitar, he'll own us all one by one, like Anton Oparin did.
Where do those kids come from? Damn.

Last edited by a moderator: