Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

My cover of Hate Me! solos. It was quite boring to see everyone play the single version of the first solo, so I played album versions of both solos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that there was a clip of Alexi playing leads like that
but it was only 30 sec of the song I was wondering if anyone ever found the whole song .

I think it was somekind of a ringtone thing Alexi and Janne did for japan or something. The full clip can be found on Spotify. Kinda cool medley imo.

Oh, and nice tone Arcane!

Your sound is fkn amazing
the licks you where playing wasn't it from that song a while back someone
posted of Alexi just playing licks. Did anyone ever find the full song?

Here's the sample of Alexis Downfall thing http://download.mtv3.fi/album/Child...eSingle/093BF189-DA1B-4F93-A95C-FE188A03DA4C/

How does that work?
I just see a white windows with a quick time icone

Uhm... Can't you download it? Try right click and save?
I think it was somekind of a ringtone thing Alexi and Janne did for japan or something. The full clip can be found on Spotify. Kinda cool medley imo.

Oh, and nice tone Arcane!
Spotify isn't available in my country, lol. DO you have the complete medley?

Spotify isn't available in my country, lol. DO you have the complete medley?

Well I can't download the songs from Spotify so I don't have it unfortunately. Been looking for it myself through out the internet too.

Here's a little something I recorded today. Probably (if still interested) going to post a full song covered on YouTube. Not 100% like on the album but hey, it's a cover so who cares! :D

I Spit On Your Grave (solos)

^ nice, sounds pretty clean dude, I like it! =)

btw I did a cover of Bodom beach Terror :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4795758/bodom beach terror.mp3

Pretty much my first attempt at covering something, so dont be too mean :lol:
It was actually only meant to be a sound test, but developed in being played as a whole song :D

I used Epi's backing track from the tab thread and just recorded all the guitar parts.

solos are full of mistakes, especially the second part ^^
It actually sounds better on my amp, where i can hear what i am playing.
I dont know how to set up my settings so that I can hear the distorted guitar.
I just sit here in front of my computer with speakers on low volume and recording/playing guitar from what I hear clean, which sucks :lol:
dont know how you guys do it, but I'd appreciate if you might give me a few tips ;)

Holy shit guys, that was bad ass. Great job. I know it must have been difficult, and near impossible to make perfect. But for future attempts, my only criticism would be to try to mic the bass drum and turn up the keys a little. Arcane, I really like that quick bend you put into the chorus lead, I've never seen that before, or at least never noticed it. I'm totally gonna steal that idea and start playing that riff that way, haha. XD

Again, great job, guys.

Holy shit guys, that was bad ass. Great job. I know it must have been difficult, and near impossible to make perfect. But for future attempts, my only criticism would be to try to mic the bass drum and turn up the keys a little. Arcane, I really like that quick bend you put into the chorus lead, I've never seen that before, or at least never noticed it. I'm totally gonna steal that idea and start playing that riff that way, haha. XD

Again, great job, guys.
That bend is from the chaos ridden years dvd

Btw,kick ass cover.
Really dude,you're so awesome.

Thx for the feedback guys! About the keys... I've mixed all with my headphones and when I listen to the song with my headphones THE KEYS are louder than the drums and my guitars but when I listen to it over my notebook speakers they're indeed really quiet. This is strange. Plz listen to it with headphones and tell me that I'm not deaf.

Great cover, although i wasn't a big fan of the keys for some reason. He's a better player than me though so i don't have much place to talk :rofl:

Good is not enough for this. Fucking awesome job dude! I don't think I've see better collaborations around the net by non pro musicians, really good job and sound playing from all of you guys, I am really impressed! :kickass: