Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Very nice! I think I actually remember seeing some of his videos on the metalinjection site when I was entering to win that Alexi-600 guitar.

One thing though: his profile says he's 40 years old, so keep in mind he's probably been practicing for longer than many of us have been alive. Add on to the fact that most Bodom fans are in their teens/twenties, and you have yourself a case of someone whose years of correct and routine practice are very obvious :wave:

Oh, and what a nice guitar collection.

He nailed that nice tone that Alexi had back in the days. As far as playing goes... not so impressed. Oh and btw about xkamen, I think he said he's been playing for 8-10 years now. No teacher what so ever. Same goes for that other guy metabaka, they are irl friends or something.

His playing is indeed really clean and his CoB covers nearly perfection, but why would I care about a guy who sounds just like Alexi, and even his guitar sound is just like Alexi's? If I want to listen to Alexi, I listen to Alexi, not a carbon copy.

predator2353, is he the metabaka guy you're talking about?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEC-agCPclE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEC-agCPclE[/ame]

His playing is indeed really clean and his CoB covers nearly perfection, but why would I care about a guy who sounds just like Alexi, and even his guitar sound is just like Alexi's? If I want to listen to Alexi, I listen to Alexi, not a carbon copy.

Well, ideally he has material of his own. I'm guessing he does? If not, that's kind of a waste of skill and I agree - I'd rather just listen to Alexi's recordings. However, we don't have guitar-focused tracks of Alexi playing Bodom material, CoB tracks are evenly mixed. So if you wanted to hear the guitar louder, that's what this is good for *shrug*

Hi! I just found this thread, here's all the solos from COB in one take :)

I thought I might share this with you

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are the real daniel that created the videos then thanks and I think that they are awesome :lol: they were posted few pages back

Well played in all of those. I did the same with the leads from Hatebreeder but never got round to doing the other albums.