Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I agree, it seemed like you started all the riffs like 1 second too late, made it out of time. Try and work on that and I think it'll then sound smoother overall.

I agree, it seemed like you started all the riffs like 1 second too late, made it out of time. Try and work on that and I think it'll then sound smoother overall.

The problem is that i records the Sound and Video not at the same time. Sound via Audacity and Video via Webcam, maybe the Windows Movie Maker is also bullshit...

If that's the case then I suggest you should use better sound recording device or sony vegas for putting your videos together. Try some of those and then it could work.

Dude, no offense honestly, but don't upload something if the audio is so completely out of wack. Take your time and figure out how to operate your software, get it right, and then upload it.

HOWEVER, some things.... Your tone hurts the ears, mate. What are you using to record? Try to get the tone to sound more organic, because right now it's terribly digital and stale. Your bends need feeling. Make sure you're bending to the right pitch, and add some vibrato to the them.

Small mistakes here and there because of lack of practice (That's what happens when you work all the time and don't have time to touch your guitar). I was shaking the whole song....cameras aren't made for me. Sorry if it's dark...this video wasn't meant tu be public in the first place. Like all the other videos I recently posted, this video is a first try video since I was in a big rush and didn't have too much time. The camera auto-focus all the time...that's gay. Oh well. Oh...and horrible tone. The question is...Was it worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be quite honest the whole "I have swine flu/brochitis right now, I just broke up w/ my gf, my pick cracked in half during the video, a moth flew into my eye, I only slept 2 hours last night, my neck hurts, my balls just dropped, I shot this 5-minute video in 3 seconds cuz I had to go help my mom do dishes" ego/guitarist thing is really annoying. No one really cares about your excuses. Just post your damn video! :lol:

It must have been your camera not picking it up, but your rhythm tone sounded like it was coming out of a 5-watt amp lol. The lead tone sounded good to me. Only other real complaint I have is that your vibrato sounds like it's being done by a withering grandma with Parkinson's, especially when you started to play Toward's Dead End at the end of the video.

To be quite honest the whole "I have swine flu/brochitis right now, I just broke up w/ my gf, my pick cracked in half during the video, a moth flew into my eye, I only slept 2 hours last night, my neck hurts, my balls just dropped, I shot this 5-minute video in 3 seconds cuz I had to go help my mom do dishes" ego/guitarist thing is really annoying. No one really cares about your excuses. Just post your damn video! :lol:

I lol'd hard. :lol: I'm actually good for excuses...but those are true.

Seriosly, I played on a 15-watt amp with the volume about at its tenth...far from its "hotspot". And yes I have a vibrato problem these days...it's kinda new actually. :erk: I would've used my Loomis sig but I didn't have it when I recorded this.

I made this quite a time ago, but almost no one has watched it so I thought to post it again :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
do something about it :lol:

Nah, I don't really care enough to put much effort into covers, I haven't done them in a while anyway :lol: I'm too busy with my own bands to practice a lot for covers, but maybe I'll do some Obscura or Al Di Meola in near future.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HY3P4kV5lI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkHP9WgfFQ&feature=related[/ame]