Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Maybe he wanted to show his friends he can play guitar. It's not like he has to lock himself in a closet to die in shame if there was some mistakes in it. You purists.

Just click on my youtube channel :lol:

I only watch videos which where made with good cams (xkamen, redsgshredder) or where people recorded their audio signal directly via line in(me, mitch). All others I usually ignore because either the tone is totally crap - like it is on most youtubevideos. Don't know why so much people use 500% gain or sth... Or where I barely can't hear the guitar, like the guy you've posted above.

When the sound of a youtube video is crap or the backing track is too loud, the guitarist could be Alexi himself but I won't watch it.

^+1
also ..if there is nothing special about it I dont get it. Ok its web2.0 people are fucking seeking for attention in the whole world, but you can show your friends that you can play a song by actually showing it to them. I'm not saying ''people get the fuck out of youtube when you cant play like Arcane,Warheart,Ensi or whoever''. I just dont get why they feel the urge to post shitty (well not actually that shitty, but let me say ''not good'') stuff without doing anything special to justify it.

I also use Line-In, but maybe my Soundcard isn't that good...?
No offense, but it always could be in your playing skills. Most youtube-guitarists totally ignore their mistakes and they get butthurt when people give them creative feedback. I have experience of that. I used to post shitty covers on youtube and got really butthurt when people said things like "Fix your technique before you post covers" etc and I kept blaming my equipment and stuff like that. Then I got tired of those comments and started practicing like hell and gave a view to those shitty covers and realized how shitty player I really was and asked myself how the hell I could ignore those major mistakes I had in my videos. But I have got to admit that it indeed was a good lesson in becoming a better player.

No offense, but it always could be in your playing skills. Most youtube-guitarists totally ignore their mistakes and they get butthurt when people give them creative feedback. I have experience of that. I used to post shitty covers on youtube and got really butthurt when people said things like "Fix your technique before you post covers" etc and I kept blaming my equipment and stuff like that. Then I got tired of those comments and started practicing like hell and gave a view to those shitty covers and realized how shitty player I really was and asked myself how the hell I could ignore those major mistakes I had in my videos. But I have got to admit that it indeed was a good lesson in becoming a better player.

I Don't know some user says on Youtube that my sound is crap. Other guys (like my cousin) says that my Sound is brilliant. That's when i'm sending him some samples from me.

Maybe someone wants to listen to this "Sample", nothing special just a quick record:
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/76585494/file.html
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/28396535/file.html

People will say your sound is shit (i dont know if its shit) if it doenst sound like on their beloved albums. On the other hand, (i think) you wont get the guitar sound of a modern metal album with gearbox and other stuff.

PS:
your tone is the most awful shit I've heard in years, sorry.

PS:
This, and you need to learn the solo of Waking the Demon correctly before you start recording it, though it was only for the tone sample. I mean, you played it slower than the original but it was full of major mistakes, especially the ascending run was played completely wrong.

People will say your sound is shit (i dont know if its shit) if it doenst sound like on their beloved albums. On the other hand, (i think) you wont get the guitar sound of a modern metal album with gearbox and other stuff.

PS:

Can somebody explain me this shit? :(

Did you guys ever think of offering advice to people who can't play well instead of pointlessly flaming them?