Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

I recorded 3 songs recently and these are the results:

Are You Dead Yet?

Blooddrunk

We're Not Gonna Fall

I'm sure that you maybe hear that it doesn't sound as usual, I'm in drop D. That's because I play on my Ibanez (GRG170DX) because my warlock is fucked up at the moment. I used Adobe Audition, Line 6 Spider III, Ibanez GRG170DX (already written but still), some strange cable connected from the headphones/record output from my amp straight into the microphone input in the computer. The people who know me on this forum know that I don't make stuff 100% perfect but I hope that you'll survive anyways :D And btw when I'm playing I've set the output volume on my microphone so that I hear when I play with my guitar but it sounds muuuuch better when I'm recording (already recorded stuff). I wanna know if there's any way to let me get the same tone while just jamming with the guitar into the computer. :)

iv'e only heard bloddrunk, and i think the verse, and chours is decent enough, but the "interlude" is very sloppy, sory to say it. And the solo MUCH More practice, don't like to be the guy to say it, but ut's true. No offence

Digma: Pan your guitars and record at least 2 or 4 rhythm tracks and lower the gain by a lot. Multi tracking your low gain guitars will automatically thicken everything up. If I'm doing two guitars, I'll usually have them around 60-90% left and right. If I'm doing four, I might have two panned 100% and then another two panned 60-80% or something.

And also, try plugging into your LINE IN port instead of mic and see if that makes a difference. I know that if I select to record mic, it sounds SHIT compared to line in.

And I'll hopefully get my Hate Me Intro recording done later. I've got the backing track ready and I already know it, I've just got to re-solder the electronics in my Rhoads.

When i put it into the line-in it doesn't work lol :erk:

iv'e only heard bloddrunk, and i think the verse, and chours is decent enough, but the "interlude" is very sloppy, sory to say it. And the solo MUCH More practice, don't like to be the guy to say it, but ut's true. No offence

I know, as I told everyone before that I'm not good at practising, and btw when I record I play straight through the songs. I haven't been practising Bloddrunk so much either.

Desperated call:
Please can someone send me couple of cool soundfonts (with one lead and one rythm can be ok I think) for keys? I've serached almost all HammerSound ones and I haven't found anything that I like or sounds like Arcane or Mitch's BTs.

Digma: Pan your guitars and record at least 2 or 4 rhythm tracks and lower the gain by a lot. Multi tracking your low gain guitars will automatically thicken everything up. If I'm doing two guitars, I'll usually have them around 60-90% left and right. If I'm doing four, I might have two panned 100% and then another two panned 60-80% or something.

And also, try plugging into your LINE IN port instead of mic and see if that makes a difference. I know that if I select to record mic, it sounds SHIT compared to line in.

And I'll hopefully get my Hate Me Intro recording done later. I've got the backing track ready and I already know it, I've just got to re-solder the electronics in my Rhoads.

60-90?? :lol: I pan them always 100% :lol:

Looking forward your Hate Me! recording.

anyone has a fruity loops crack for me plox?

Still need it?

forget my old WNGF BT. take THIS! We're not gonna fall one. I've correct the complete keyboard parts and some drum parts. Now it sounds much better.

If you want peace, prepare for war BT

Does anybody have the key soundfont for the Downfall intro which Epi used?

:kickass: BT, shame that I'm still sloopy as hell on WNGF interlude, :lol:

I only palm muted that much cuz I can't play a certain part properly without mistakes. I just wanted to cover it up and I'm not great at mixing so everything seems loud so I just wanted to make it less harsh. But thanks for the comments!

Oh, I forgot about that PM. Here's the soundfonts that I use to make BT's:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3qrsy

There's the drum and bass one and then another called "26.1mg Christian Collins GS V1.0 Live!.sf2". That's for keyboards.

Import it to a keyboard track and then you can click the track and you'll get a pop up thing where you can select the exact same sounds as Guitar Pro 4, but of course, these are MUCH better and more realistic sounding. I made all the Blooddrunk BT's with these three soundfonts.

I'm gonna try and do a Tie My Rope one now.

here it is