Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

k so here's my poor attempt at some FTR solos with my new studio setup, im quite rusty and haven't played COB in quite some time, but just aquired the Janne lead sound for my XP-80 and figured i'd try it all out, if i didn't mess up so much it would have sounded better but it still sounds great.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=625581

(Janne Lead Test)

hmmm soundclick made it quite loud, might want to turn your speakers down.

I'm going to aim to have all of the ROTW things recorded tonight. I attempted it last night but I was too tired to concentrate and kept making mistakes.

If anyone has recorded any audio that they want on the ROTW soundclick page, upload it again and post here so I can see it.

Yay! Looking forward to hearing that, although I still don't know how in this shitty computers :erk:

Anyway, have you noticed that if we don't record this thread dies in the side of the contributions? That's pretty sad I'd say. Come on guys!

I've done 5, still to do Roadkill Morning.

COB Covers Thread Soundclick

Week 07 - Downfall Intro:
I can't play the variation of the riff over F so I just did the Amin version the whole time. I forgot about doing the solo so I'll do that another time.

Week 08 - Follow The Reaper Chorus:
I only just learnt this part today so it took a while to play it and the bit in the middle with the chord stabs has a really weird timing so I don't know if what I played sounds ok but whatever.

Week 09 - Everytime I Die Solo:
I guess this sounds okay...I changed a few of the fast parts though.

Week 10 - Needled 24/7 Intro:
I had recorded this ages ago but without the solos and I was going to just do them over that but I decided to re-record the whole thing. It was fun.

Week 11 - Blooddrunk Intro:
The rhythm parts were done in like one take, the lead was done in like one hundred LOL, fucking difficult considering I've NEVER played it before and it's all alternate picked and whatnot. I'm glad it's over.

Roadkill Morning will come maybe Wednesday/Thursday night.

I can't play the variation of the riff over F so I just did the Amin version the whole time. I forgot about doing the solo so I'll do that another time.

I only just learnt this part today so it took a while to play it and the bit in the middle with the chord stabs has a really weird timing so I don't know if what I played sounds ok but whatever.

I had recorded this ages ago but without the solos and I was going to just do them over that but I decided to re-record the whole thing. It was fun.

The rhythm parts were done in like one take, the lead was done in like one hundred LOL, fucking difficult considering I've NEVER played it before and it's all alternate picked and whatnot. I'm glad it's over.

AMAZING:OMG:
The Everytime I die solo is awesome!:headbang:

damn, that's a lot you did all at once! very clean playing as always :)
just out of curiosity, for that 2nd part of the downfall riff, is it that string skipping part that fucks you up?

Oh, sorry. As I said when I posted it, I didn't actually play the second part of the riff because I haven't practised it enough for it to sound good, so I just play the first part over and over.

reaperscythe, ur files are up. And I recorded Roadkill Morning, but because I used wah, the tone is really bad. It went too quiet and now it clips when I turn it up so it's probably my worst one yet, also I didn't play one of the riffs properly 'cause I've never practised it and I can't be bothered doing it now.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=844658&content=music

Thanks for the add on soundclick:)
Btw...nice job with Roadkill Morning:kickass:

...and I recently buy a Korg PX4D on ebay so I will record others stuff soon:)

Glad to see people are still doing stuff here! I'll get caught up on the ROTWs soon! Till then, here is last weeks, this weeks and next weeks!

Week Commencing 25/07 - Rebel Yell Intro
- Rebel Yell Solo (Advanced)

Week Commencing 1/08 - Banned From Heaven Bars 24 - 39
- Banned From Heaven Solo (Advanced)

Week Commencing 8/08 - Kissing the Shadows Intro Bars 1 - 28
- Kissing the Shadows Bars 1 - 37 (Advanced)
- Kissing the Shadows Solos (Insane)