Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Liar! :D
Nah, it's a really nice guitar and a great cover! But I still can't believe that I've never seen anyone playing the solo correct. Even the best guitarist play it wrong ^^

Liar! :D
Nah, it's a really nice guitar and a great cover! But I still can't believe that I've never seen anyone playing the solo correct. Even the best guitarist play it wrong ^^

Well of course I can't play it perfectly the same as on album without floyd rose on guitar :D

That drum cover was great, very good player. It's good that he made the drums louder so that you can really hear what he's playing.

Can't say the same about the guitar one though, since I can't hear him that well. At 2:32 was pretty much the only time I distinctly heard his, and it was still pretty drowned out, but I watched some of his others and he is a really good player too

hey guy i want your comment about my guitar tone i have try some new tweak in revalver so let me know what you think?!? thx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22648330/scream for silence test sound.wav

The low riff sounds dark and crispy, but you need more echo and brighter tone for the leads. It sounds very "stiff". Maybe this would be a good tone for T,L&S because of the dark tone and lack of echo, but it's too tight for this song and the melodies need more juiciness. I don't know how you change this... maybe more mid, more reverb...

The low riff sounds dark and crispy, but you need more echo and brighter tone for the leads. It sounds very "stiff". Maybe this would be a good tone for T,L&S because of the dark tone and lack of echo, but it's too tight for this song and the melodies need more juiciness. I don't know how you change this... maybe more mid, more reverb...

ok thx for your comment (__Joonas__)!! i will try some new eq for lead put more stereo imaging on it and little touch a reverb and maybe reduce my attack of my noise gate and for all the guitar track tweak with harmonic exiter!!

Here is a vid of my 2 years ago.
i thought, lets put it on here and see what you guys think

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a vid of my 2 years ago.
i thought, lets put it on here and see what you guys think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvXQswkkh-0

the background music is too loud, leads are very sloppy, riffs are good maybe.
As I mentioned, the original music is too loud to hear how tight you actually played.

hopefully you came to the same conclusion, because after two years you really should be able to tell what's done well or poorly in the cover.

I listened to some things I had recorded many years ago, oh boy did they sound shit.

I could play Blooddrunk better two years ago. Then I quit drinking and I quit playing. My purpose was something else even more important.

I could play Blooddrunk better two years ago. Then I quit drinking and I quit playing. My purpose was something else even more important.
it aint that hard of a song, and like many people said, u comment but u dont play. to me it doesnt matter, but what i DO must say is that ur argument that u cant plays is kinda BS u just need loads of practice, an it kinda bums that a hardcore fan like u cant play the guitar that well or doesnt strive towards it

this is a positive comment so pls dont start breaking the shit down in this thread also :rofl:

the background music is too loud, leads are very sloppy, riffs are good maybe.
As I mentioned, the original music is too loud to hear how tight you actually played.

hopefully you came to the same conclusion, because after two years you really should be able to tell what's done well or poorly in the cover.

I listened to some things I had recorded many years ago, oh boy did they sound shit.

your right, although the background music is litte loud it didnt bother me so much since u can hear the lead coming from teh guitar pretty well.

solo is sloppy as hell though

My playing has progressed from that point and yes there is alot that changed, as i look at it now i see alot of fingermovement that is still stiff and u can see im still looking for the right positions here and there :)

the pickup of that guitar is also muddy and the amp wasnt that much either ( not that this is the blame lol, my playing wasnt tha good lol) but it did kinda made the sound not so perfect.

I have a Line6 Studio UX2 now that really makes alot of difference when it comes to recording, sadly no camera...so atm im still not able to do visual covers.

but if u want here is a soundcloud link from a "hate me" take i did 1 month ago to test the UX2
https://soundcloud.com/arystar-2/hate-me

forgive me for some minor mistakes :D
did an awesome solo job though :p

small question though, the intro harmonic is normally a pluck of the strings above the nut(on the headstock so to say) which i could on my stupid alexi-200 but now i have an rr24 with a OFR and i cant do it anymore lol, if i pluck the strings above the nut it wont sund through to the pickup (emg81)

it aint that hard of a song, and like many people said, u comment but u dont play. to me it doesnt matter, but what i DO must say is that ur argument that u cant plays is kinda BS u just need loads of practice, an it kinda bums that a hardcore fan like u cant play the guitar that well or doesnt strive towards it

this is a positive comment so pls dont start breaking the shit down in this thread also :rofl:

I learned enough, but I have a better way to express my creativity than trying to learn how to sweep pick for years. I was never about technique, but atmosphere and the vision. RRF also killed my motivation. You can't focus on 20 things in life if you want to develop, so I stopped playing before other hobbies. Music is still as important to me as then.

I learned enough, but I have a better way to express my creativity than trying to learn how to sweep pick for years. I was never about technique, but atmosphere and the vision. RRF also killed my motivation. You can't focus on 20 things in life if you want to develop, so I stopped playing before other hobbies. Music is still as important to me as then.

i learned to sweep pick when i was playing 10 months lol and could do it in 1 month, ok it might have taken me another 6 to 12 to completely master it and all variants over the fretboard but it aint that hard to learn. i could litterally sweep pick before i could do triplet syncopations lol