Children of Bodom - Cover Thread

Very good, maybe a tiny touch more gain or louder mix, then it's pretty much as accurate as you can get with your guitar and stuff.

guitars are played with the kemper profiling amp.
i used the gp1000 preset of jon wormwood and used eq
to make it sound more in the style of the hatebreeder album.

bass guitar, drums and keyboards are programmed. i used zombass3, steven slate drum and jv2080 synthesizer.

i think the drums could need more handling but im not experienced enough.
maybe there is someone here in the forum who could try to create a good drumpreset which sounds as acurate as the guitar tone.

what drum vst do you use?
im more looking for a preset or a strategie to come as close as possible to
the original sound, than for drums for that specific song.

once i have the hb sound that i love so much i plan to use it for my own tunes and want to compose stuff like the old cob.

what drum vst do you use?
im more looking for a preset or a strategie to come as close as possible to
the original sound, than for drums for that specific song.

once i have the hb sound that i love so much i plan to use it for my own tunes and want to compose stuff like the old cob.

I'm using SSD and mix it with Superior Drummer, because the cymbals and toms on SSD are horrible.

guitars are played with the kemper profiling amp.
i used the gp1000 preset of jon wormwood and used eq
to make it sound more in the style of the hatebreeder album.

bass guitar, drums and keyboards are programmed. i used zombass3, steven slate drum and jv2080 synthesizer.

i think the drums could need more handling but im not experienced enough.
maybe there is someone here in the forum who could try to create a good drumpreset which sounds as acurate as the guitar tone.

Wait, what?! How much did you pay for the Kemper? Isn't it something around 1.500€ or am I wrong?
And that preset means it's a modded gp-1000 or some kind of an vst or impulse file?

yes about 1500 euro for the kemper.
the preset im talking about is a preset for the kemper amp.
jon wormwood did it with his moded gp1000 and shared it.

One of my worse cover, but I use the "I was tired and learned the song in 1 hour" excuse. Good practise for your left hand though... Comes right after HOB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such an interesting solo (just one section missing). Nice contrast with the echoing melodies, brute riffs and wild drumming. This is so technical song with somewhat dark and weird atmosphere. It's a technically powerful track with still not enough entertainment value to be included in live set. It describes how someone moves about like a zombie but can't experience emotions, what a dark fate.

Really interesting Cover. A little bit different and should be standard e tuning

Last edited by a moderator: