CHILDREN OF BODOM To Release Collection Of Covers

I agree with you. I´m kinda looking forward to the new covers of course, but it would have been weird to put more time and effort in a mere cover compilation. There are lots of more important things to do, like writing stuff for a new album, or finishing Sinergy album :D or whatever.

from SOB Murder Archives:

"Sukset" (translated from Finnish: "Skis") is a song from the Finnish Rock band Popeda. Children Of Bodom recorded a cover
of this song between 2002 to 2003, but weren't sure if it was good enough to be released.

Original is quite legendary song (and legendary band also, influenced lot of younger generation Finnish rock musicians) here in Finland, too bad we don't get to hear the cover :(

Anyway I'm just happy to get most of the covers as a cd format because I never bother to buy all regional releases. Couple of new ones doesn't hurt, I wasn't really expecting them to record many new covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are maybe 3 songs that they've recorded and didn't want to release, e.g. Hellion from the Hatebredder era, some alice cooper song I don't remember and ..uh dunno

EDIT: He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) was the Alice Cooper song, and another song Waiting (For Darkness) by King Diamond

Got this from Scythes Of Bodom's Murder Archives

It's just a cover album art. Good sign is this the first time since SW / HB / FTR they have a coverart that doesn't simply look anime. Thumbs up for the next COB album being good-looking enough to put on the wall and actually stir some feelings.

This cover would be a huge disappointment as an actual COB album artwork as it's not good not bad. Kind of worthless. But even this goes after all the shit artwork they've been putting out.

It's just a cover album art. Good sign is this the first time since SW / HB / FTR they have a coverart that doesn't simply look anime. Thumbs up for the next COB album being good-looking enough to put on the wall and actually stir some feelings.

This cover would be a huge disappointment as an actual COB album artwork as it's not good not bad. Kind of worthless. But even this goes after all the shit artwork they've been putting out.

Thanks for the cover art, but seriously, why do you whine so much nowadays? Sure AYDY cover was kinda lame, but BD was quite cool. And Hellhounds, well, a bit too coloured and drawed if you know what I mean, but it was cool anyways for a change. I sincerely wouldn't like another coloured reaper like SW, HB and FTR. I mean, it was, specialy HB and FTR, almos the same image but in different colours. Aren't you always asking for creativity?

Thanks for the cover art, but seriously, why do you whine so much nowadays? Sure AYDY cover was kinda lame, but BD was quite cool. And Hellhounds, well, a bit too coloured and drawed if you know what I mean, but it was cool anyways for a change. I sincerely wouldn't like another coloured reaper like SW, HB and FTR. I mean, it was, specialy HB and FTR, almos the same image but in different colours. Aren't you always asking for creativity?

Yeah, I want Lake Bodom back in the cover art that's for sure! I mean what's next, a guy smoking Luckies in his Cadillac on Broadway? Or a guy drinking Jack Daniels while giving finger with the other hand? I seriously want COB to be what they should be and not totally change the theme to Booze Brothers.

Everything about the last 2 albums is alcohol related in one way or another, not Lake Bodom related. The songs are either about being drunk, doing stupid stunts while being drunk, suffering from the hangover, or dealing with the spoiled human relationships. Roy the Reaper has suddenly become the police officer who searches for passed-out bums from the road to pack em up to jail to recover. Or a symbolical figure of death coming to take the drug addicted fools away. It used to be different. HCDR was a transition period.

I'm not actually whining, this is where you interpret me wrong. I'm sort of idealizing. As for the artworks, for me the first 3 are legendary while the rest are merely ok.

But if I am whining all the time then it's because Alexi keeps breaking his bones especially as all the chalk he gets in his body to strengthen his skeleton comes with White Russians and inevitably that does affect the display of his mind and therefore COB. Been there myself (breaking bones and drinking too much) but I realized to stop.

But I realize they play pretty good these days and am looking forward to the next album and hoping it'll be a step in the right direction. Plus it's no secret I take this band too seriously sometimes.

True that it's no secret you take COB too seriously many times, but sometimes is too much. Ok, they don't sing about Lake Bodom that much this days, but Alexi doesn't owe you or me or anybody anything, and I don't think there's a way a COB album SHOULD come out. There are certainly many in which it shouldn't (turn rap, turn into Sonata Arctica, stop soloing...), but I don't think there's a SHOULD BE. I don't know why some of you think that Bodom is only the OMG neoclassicool like the first albums, but the other albums are melodic still and are somehow different, which is cool imho. If the 6 albums had been the same, I seriosly doubt you'd like them as much and think they are as original as you think now. About the Cadillac or Jack Daniels thing, I seriously don't know where you pulled that off from. Abum artworks are still Roy all around (besides AYDY but Alexi himself has said that it didn't turn out as they thought it would). Of course in different positions, but Roy 100%. I don't think that singles have much to do. I mean, COB single was just a shovel, Downfall was just Lake Bodom, YBOD had a weird And Justice For All vibe, IYF was a closeup of AYDY artwork... yet the album artworks were Roy. I don't think there's any need to go that far.

...(and legendary band also, influenced lot of younger generation Finnish rock musicians) here in Finland, too bad we don't get to hear the cover :(

Kris and Matti Mikkonen (sons of Popeda-singer Arwo who died 1986) e.g. - the two are great musicians.

Sorry for OT. ;)

I think it looks great :)

Just pre-ordered my copy of Skeletons!
I have been wondering should I pre-order it from levykauppax or should I wait and see if there will be some special cd+t-shirt offer from hatewear.

Kris and Matti Mikkonen (sons of Popeda-singer Arwo who died 1986) e.g. - the two are great musicians.

Arwo was actually original guitarist but anyway you have done your homework ;) I still remember when he died, band is from my home town so it was big news here.