CHILDREN OF BODOM To Release Collection Of Covers

Have you noticed that 2 cover are missed on the album ? (I think they can't put their 19 covers on the album this will be be too long for a CD)

Tracklist :
1. Lookin' Out My Back Door (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
2. Hell Is For Children (Pat Benatar)
3. Somebody Put Something In My Drink (Ramones)
4. Mass Hypnosis (Sepultura)
5. Don´t Stop At The Top (Scorpions)
6. Silent Scream (Slayer)
7. She Is Beautiful (Andrew W.K.)
8. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (Kenny Rogers)
9. Bed Of Nails (Alice Cooper)
10. Hellion (W.A.S.P.)
11. Aces High (Iron Maiden)
12. Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)
13. No Commands (Stone)
14. Antisocial (Trust/Anthrax)
15. Talk Dirty To Me (Poison)
16. War Inside My Head (Suicidal Tendencies)
17. Ooops!… I Did It Again (Britney Spears)

Tracks missed :
Shot in the Dark (Ozzy Osbourne)
Latomeri (Klamydia)

These missing songs are good!! FUCK MAN

unsuccessful-troll.thumbnail.jpg

What the fuck is this "collection" shit? Why don't they just release them ALL, missing some out is just shit. I won't be buying it.

For example they thought they raped Shot in the Dark so it is clear they won't release it.

Just heard from some youngsters Bodom will release a new album in a month. This is not fucking cool. Now that I think about it, I really do have a problem with this release.

I'd much rather seen them.. for example remake the best material of Inearthed! Could think of anything better! Or release a COB Licks Spinefarm Ass DVD.

For example they thought they raped Shot in the Dark so it is clear they won't release it.

Just heard from some youngsters Bodom will release a new album in a month. This is not fucking cool. Now that I think about it, I really do have a problem with this release.

I'd much rather seen them.. for example remake the best material of Inearthed! Could think of anything better! Or release a COB Licks Spinefarm Ass DVD.

Shot in the dark is AWESOME! They did not rape it

..and YES! Give me a Hallelujah! Re-releasing all the Inearthed songs or even re-recording them would be AAAAAAAAWE FUCKING SOME!!!!!!!

And yes Spinefarm is doing COB harm

The Butt is actually going to ask them about doing this when we meet them in Toronto. :lol:

What do you mean meet them?

If you do meet them, there's one thing I'd like to get transferred to their acknowledge. Recently their forum has held poll debates on what fans would like them to do about their music for the following album, and the results were strongly indicative of people wanting them to return a little bit to the Follow the Reaper / Hatebreeder style more atmospheric and melodic, less heavy sound, especially Joonas.

Oh and the Inearthed thing is probably not worth anything. They'd have to change the thing so much, that music doesn't probably fit their current soundscape plus it's amateur work in their ears today. It would be like writing totally new music, and why do that as they could as well write a whole new COB album. But I'm sure he'll appreciate if you say that, and think you're a little nuts, but that's it.

What do you mean meet them?

If you do meet them, there's one thing I'd like to get transferred to their acknowledge. Recently their forum has held poll debates on what fans would like them to do about their music for the following album, and the results were strongly indicative of people wanting them to return a little bit to the Follow the Reaper / Hatebreeder style more atmospheric and melodic, less heavy sound, especially Joonas.

Oh and the Inearthed thing is probably not worth anything. They'd have to change the thing so much, that music doesn't probably fit their current soundscape plus it's amateur work in their ears today. It would be like writing totally new music, and why do that as they could as well write a whole new COB album. But I'm sure he'll appreciate if you say that, and think you're a little nuts, but that's it.

They honestly don't give a fuck what you or their official forum think. As much as you'd like to believe the world revolves around you and your tastes, a lot of people actually like the new shit, most likely including them because they chose to write it. I personally like the old stuff but this bitching about how you want them to return to form is retarded, no band can do it well without it seeming forced as the new Metallica cd shows (so fucking boring). I'm in a band and I think the stuff we wrote in the early days is a lot weaker than the stuff we have now and I wouldn't be surprised if they feel the same way because it actually isn't as developed and streamlined as their new stuff. Just stick to your cds and seeing them live occasionally and don't even worry yourself about them returning to form, its never going to happen and you whining won't change it.

Also they're probably meeting them with some VIP package on the show or something, They seem to have those for a ton of tours going around nowadays.

They honestly don't give a fuck what you or their official forum think. As much as you'd like to believe the world revolves around you and your tastes, a lot of people actually like the new shit, most likely including them because they chose to write it. I personally like the old stuff but this bitching about how you want them to return to form is retarded, no band can do it well without it seeming forced as the new Metallica cd shows (so fucking boring). I'm in a band and I think the stuff we wrote in the early days is a lot weaker than the stuff we have now and I wouldn't be surprised if they feel the same way because it actually isn't as developed and streamlined as their new stuff. Just stick to your cds and seeing them live occasionally and don't even worry yourself about them returning to form, its never going to happen and you whining won't change it.

Also they're probably meeting them with some VIP package on the show or something, They seem to have those for a ton of tours going around nowadays.

I know the music has to come spontaneously, and just to make it clear my personal favourite albums are Follow the Reaper and Blooddrunk and I can't say which one is better because both represent different kind of music and each have their strengths and weaknesses.

But I'm also bloody sure despite everything they've given their fans, it's a symbiotic relationship; they should respect it if their fans want "Lake Bodom back on the cover art" or whatever. I would expect them to be interested. And I never said what they should or should not do. I especially didn't say they need to return to form.

Their form seems to be top notch right now and I'd rather see that being used to something else than thrash metal. The thrash soundscape is the foundation of Blooddrunk even tho not half of the material is thrash.

We'll see what comes out next, I won't judge them before that, all I'm saying is I hope they won't change their name to Booze Brothers and write another album about Alexi's alcohol and bone breaking issues and go even deeper into the Pantera / Lamb of God musical trap.

This comes firmly because I refuse to be as juvenile as to think everything really comes spontaneously. I do have a gut feeling AYDY was sub-consciously attempted to gain a new zine of fans and Blooddrunk had a little bit of that let's show the other bands we too can write true metal feel. But I must accept it not everyone is striving to be revolutionarily creative.

Don't care what I think, but I would like to have them see that poll which was around recently, that's all.

I agree, re-releasing whould be so awesome...

Re-releasing? I'm wondering if the original recordings still exist somewhere on some forgotten computer of the mid '90's, and how much better the sound quality is compared to those found on the internet.

Re-recording them is just the dumbest idea ever. Please specify. Would you want them to use the current sounds or try to search for similars sounds for the instruments as used back then? Neither would make any sense.

Alexi did "consider" adding Translucent Image as a bonus track for some edition of Blooddrunk. There's that one brilliant part in the song but I'd rather use it for a new COB track..

Re-releasing? I'm wondering if the original recordings still exist somewhere on some forgotten computer of the mid '90's, and how much better the sound quality is compared to those found on the internet.

Re-recording them is just the dumbest idea ever. Please specify. Would you want them to use the current sounds or try to search for similars sounds for the instruments as used back then? Neither would make any sense.

Alexi did "consider" adding Translucent Image as a bonus track for some edition of Blooddrunk. There's that one brilliant part in the song but I'd rather use it for a new COB track..

Well, you see.. it's the quality i'm looking for, and yes, Alexis vocals have been better in the past than now. But okey, I want IneartheD's tracks in HQ ^^

Perhaps like anybody else..

@Joonas: Where did you get that from? I knew they considered re-recording (and I think they even did, just not liked how it came out) Talking Of The Trees for Something Wild, but I had never heard about Translucent Image and Blooddrunk.

Ordered the US autographed Skeletons bundle (they get the King Diamond 'Waiting' cover). The new US version of the Skeletons t-shirt looks pretty
much like the one I made earlier :kickass::

STPcopy.jpg

(mine)
DSCF7505-1.jpg

@Joonas: Where did you get that from? I knew they considered re-recording (and I think they even did, just not liked how it came out) Talking Of The Trees for Something Wild, but I had never heard about Translucent Image and Blooddrunk.

Both are true. But the plan was not to re-record TI for Blooddrunk but to contain the original recording in it as a bonus. But it was just a thought, and I wonder where the hell do they still have the original tracks recorded.

Some sites are saying that the King Diamond cover "Waiting (for Darkness)" wich has never been realised will be realised on SitC with this tracklist :

1.) Lookin' Out My Back Door (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
2.) Hell is for Children (Pat Benatar)
3.) Somebody Put Something in My Drink (Ramones)
4.) Mass Hypnosis (Sepultura)
5.) Don't Stop at the Top (Scorpions)
6.) Silent Scream (Slayer)
7.) Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (Kenny Rogers)
8.) Hellion (W.A.S.P.)
9.) Aces High (Iron Maiden)
10.) Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)
11.) No Commands (Stone)
12.) Antisocial (Trust / Anthrax)
13.) Talk Dirty to Me (Poison)
14.) (Ghost) Riders In the Sky (Stan Jones / Johnny Cash)
15.) War Inside My Head (Suicidal Tendencies)
16.) Oops!...I Did It Again (Britney Spears)
17.) Waiting (King Diamond).

But on almost sites this is the tracklist (metal-archive, wikipedia etc)
1. Lookin' Out My Back Door (Creedence Clearwater Revival)
2. Hell Is For Children (Pat Benatar)
3. Somebody Put Something In My Drink (Ramones)
4. Mass Hypnosis (Sepultura)
5. Don´t Stop At The Top (Scorpions)
6. Silent Scream (Slayer)
7. She Is Beautiful (Andrew W.K.)
8. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) (Kenny Rogers)
9. Bed Of Nails (Alice Cooper)
10. Hellion (W.A.S.P.)
11. Aces High (Iron Maiden)
12. Rebel Yell (Billy Idol)
13. No Commands (Stone)
14. Antisocial (Trust/Anthrax)
15. Talk Dirty To Me (Poison)
16. War Inside My Head (Suicidal Tendencies)
17. Ooops!… I Did It Again (Britney Spears)

As I'm a big King Diamond fan, I wanted to know if someone know if this is true (some editions of the CD will contain this cover) or false.