Children of Bodom Vs. Nevermore

I would like to see your opinions on these two bands and what one you think is more talented and which one you like better.I have all of Bodom's albums.For Nevermore I have Dreaming Neon Black and have heard Dead Heart in a Dead World. Ok first of all I would like to compare the vocals of Alexi and Warrell and I would say they are pretty even in talent even though very different. Although playing lead guitar(Amazingly great) and having the vocal-job is just pathetically excellent(Laiho).You cannot even compare the two.And as for Loomis against Laiho thereis not even an opinion.Laiho can shred far more on the guitar then Loomis.Next lets take a look at Janne Wirman.He is by far one of the best keyboardists ever to exist next to Jens Johannson and Mikko Harkin is up there to.Laiho and Wirman play so fluently together on every album as well as live.As with Alexander Kuoppala an excellent rhythm guitarist(Bodom).The matchup between Van Wiliams and Jaska Raatikainen is pretty even to.The only difference is that Jaska usually ends up playing the same stuff over and over and Van is more unique but Jaska is really talented!As for the bassists.....Sheppard vs. Blacksmith its pretty even as well.
Well I'm sorry if i have dissapointed any of you (Although I do like Nevermore to) but Children of Bodom are far better in my opinion and exceed the talent of Nevermore and think that C.O.B. is one of the most talented bands ever if not the most!
Well I am out of here......Hail!

hahahaha you think alexi is as good as warrel? you are fucking insane. you cant even compare the two bands. they're so different. they're 2 of my favorite bands, but they're on different sides of the metal spectrum. nevermore doesnt have keyboards, who do you compare the keyboardist to? and you should go buy nevermore- politics of ecstacy too.
-neal

dont even bother posting an opinion on "who's better, nevermore or _________"

especially musically

saying Loomis cant shred is like saying the drummer from Def Leppard has 2 arms. You cannot compare the working knowledge you have to the knowledge you could have. Just because JL chooses not to shred much on DNB or DHIADW, does not mean that he is subpar to the CoB guitarist. The only keyboards in Nevermore that you can compare to are the ones in Next in Line, which you havent heard. Sure, CoB beat Nevermore in the keyboard department. I haven't heard enough CoB to trash anything about them. Nor have you heard enough Nevermore to trash anything about them.

Nevermore = American

Children of Bodom = Foreign

So, of course Nevermore wins in a landslide :D

Well, ignorant biggotry aside, I feel that Nevermore is far superior in most every musical department.

Basically if the question is Nevermore vs. anything, Nevermore wins, HARD!

On the above post, replace "biggotry" with "bigotry" :D

-Alex

Originally posted by GuardianInFlames
Because Nevermore are American they win?!?! ha.There are only few good American bands including Death, Iced Earth and Jag Panzer.

And Tony Kakko and Michael Kiske are far better vocalists than Dane!

so youre saying nevermore isnt good?

GET THE FUCK OUT!

BTW,Kiske is a little bitch who tries (and fails) to pull a dickinson.

Refuge Denied: high vocals. very controlled. some small whispers if i remember correctly. the high end of Warrel's vocal range takes away most people's interest. nice riffs and solos.

Into the Mirror Black: vocals arent as high as Refuge, but theyre still there. more melodic than the first, but keeping the same sound. alot of emotion is kept in this album, especially in the title track. not one bad point in this album, altho Seasons of Destruction sounds as though it would fit better on Refuge. i'm not complaining tho. starts off with a nice bass intro, then kicks it in with an awesome riff, which doesn't fool about the rest of the album. first class. last Sanctuary album

Nevermore: first Nevermore album. lower vocals than Sanctuary, yet the high end still comes out every so often. songs ranting about life, drugs, and religion, the basis of Nevermore. containing awesome lyrics (C.B.F., The Hurting Words)... and even a disturbing image of some play time in a garden (Garden of Gray). Not as long as I would have liked, but it just leaves a craving for more.

In Memory: EP released to prepare everyone for their album to be released later in the year. Religious themes, songs of our world falling apart (Matricide), among others. ends on a song that, yet again, leaves you on a rope. excellent introduction to Nevermore for those who are just getting into them. Vocals are yet again, dead on, he growls, he sings, he cries out to us in many emotions.

Politics of Ecstasy: my favorite metal album. starting off with the classic Seven Tongues of God, you are taken through a trip that slows down temporarily for The Passenger, picks back up, and slows down again for Precognition (acoustic instrumental), which leads directly into the awesome 42147. Packed with solos, melodies, and vocal transitions, possibly the highlight of the album. ends on The Learning, a 10 minute masterpiece. excellent vocals, guitars, drums. not one moment on this cd lets you down. from the beginning riff of 7ToG, through This Sacrament's solo, the title track's middle section, an acoustic bit, solos taking you even deeper into the song, to the final echos of the last notes of The Learning (not to mention the creepy sounds they give you after a 5 minute silence.) Leaves you satisfied, but still wanting more.

Dreaming Neon Black: excellent concept album about a female friend who left for religious reasons, and never heard from again. from the creepy intro Ophidian, to the sorrow-filled Forever. Leaving you "feel so hollow" as the vocals intend to sound. awesome lyrics, filled with religious disgust, pain, and suffering. Solos are, once again, magnificent. some melodic, some fast, all mindblowing. production is very well done. the drums kick you square in the ass from start to finish (in which this case is No More Will). the bass is heard, and brings another element of the music into play. leaves you once again.... craving more.

Dead Heart in a Dead World: a slight let down from the previous attempts. but, this was an experiment. from Narcosynthesis, have a numetally sound, but still too technical to be numetal. through The River Dragon Has Come, to a possible POP song, which is Believe in Nothing. solos arent as skilled as the previous albums, but the vocals are the best. leaves you craving some BETTER stuff ( :lol: ) but it still gives you what you need to survive. gives us hope for the next album: Enemies of Reality.

hey, hey moron, YOOOHOOOO

Because Nevermore are American they win?!?! ha.There are only few good American bands including Death, Iced Earth and Jag Panzer.

you basically said that nevermore arent good there by excluding them.

Its pretty apparent that Helloween were basically a marketing ploy against Iron Maiden.

DSM,i think the order is

s/t>>>>intro to POE
POE
IM>>>>intro to DNB
DNB
DHIADW>>>>>better be the intro to something better and with less 7 stringed guitar