Children of Men

Kenneth R. said:
I really doubt it, but it would be cool if he was!
if the reason is plague caused by satan(all hail pfffff) to punish mankind for their sins...it would make it more interesting and more Swanö fan like.

the idea itself is pretty old though and it was toyed enough with in hollywood for the past 20 years.

They should make a film about Satan's childhood and what caused him to become evil. You know it's something wimpy like being called names, or being the target at dodgeball practice. Satan rises to power and takes revenge on the mankind that gave him so many wedgies and swirlies back in highschool and they can leave it open for a sequal because it's still going on, and will continue to go on forever... or at least until they make the last movie wherein Satan is vanquished once and for all in a "Freddy Vs. Jason" kind of movie, except it'd be God vs. Satan...

P.S. We're now getting 6 movies from Netflix! :cool:

Kenneth R. said:
I really doubt it, but it would be cool if he was!
SHE wrote the book in 1992. You ever stop to think while you're stomping on and oppressing women that it could be possible that a woman somewhere in the world may have written a book? Heh I'm kidding man, hahah.... That's well before Crimson2 (2003) and also a good bit before Crimson (1996) so if anyone has plagiarised (or written an homage to) it would be Dan who did! :(

ok try www.imdb.com.
From memory its set 25 years in the future, women around the worlds are sterile, so basically mankind wil die off shortly. Their only real "celebrity" was an 18 boy as he was the last child person, and when he dies, society kinda crumbles.
Clive Owen (Sin city) is one of the main characters who used to be an activist but gave up when his child died and his wife left him.
One day he is kidnapped by someone who turns out to be his ex (julianne Moore) who says they found and African woman who is PREGNANT and they need his help to get her to some lab out in the bay somewhere.
Kinda hard to remember the rest as i only saw a trailer and I was hungover.
Like i said imbd.com is good for info, only prob is like on most sites wankers like to post thier crap as gospel.
Best part is that when the camera pans to show the lab which is set in some abandoned electirical plant there is a giant pink pig baloon floating past.
(A tribute to the cd Animals-Pink Floyd)
Should be a good movie.

Oinkness said:
SHE wrote the book in 1992. You ever stop to think while you're stomping on and oppressing women that it could be possible that a woman somewhere in the world may have written a book? Heh I'm kidding man, hahah.... That's well before Crimson2 (2003) and also a good bit before Crimson (1996) so if anyone has plagiarised (or written an homage to) it would be Dan who did! :(

Good on ya thats what i wanted to know! naughty dan...
who's oppressing women? i love women! especially when theyre *some text missing*
heh heh heh

There was this movie about some sort of biological weapon that was activated that attacked the y chromosome resulting in the death of nearly all men on the planet...the very few men left were working in the illegal baby making industry and the rest of the male underground was pretty much hiding in a football field from the wrath of crazy army bitches with PMS. most women became lesbians and found a way to have babies without the aid of men(lesbians fuck yeah!) untill some woman creates an artificial man in a lab and tries to hide it from the authorities.

unfortunately I don't remember...and even if I did my parents have the sattelite decoder on russian and they always translate movie names pretty shitty.

I also could be confused and mix up the details of the movie I saw with one of the episodes in "Sliders"...where there was a small amount of men left on the planet and "quinn"(Jerry O'Connell) had to work as a male prostitue...some woman gave the sliders males refuge in her home but the police found out about it because one of the guys forgot to take the toilet seat down.:lol:

I don't know the name of the episode but I clearly remember it was Sliders
I saw it like 8 years ago or something

Sliders was awesome...I had to watch them on bootleg videotapes with crappy russian dubbing about 2 years before they brought it for tv broadcast in Israel on the cable children's channel...anyway it was pretty sucky in the last seasons.

anyway I'm a sci-fi nerd and I'm a big battlestar galactica fan...i love how they integrated the whole greek mythology and greek music soundtrack into the whole concept...oh and the fact that the humans believe in multiple gods while the "bad robots" believe in one god...it's very original...
what I haven't had the chance to do is to watch the original BSG series from 1978 which went more in the direction of a mix of egyptian and greek mythologies...up yours cpt. Kirk

This conversation had sent me into a wild Netflix-movie-adding spree, and I found this movie called "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" but its waaay at the bottom of my list, like #40 or something! Do you guys know any awesome movies I should check out? And have you seen that klown one?

I like the "Blade" trilogy, the betterfly effect was cool(the first one with ashton...the second sucked profoundly)
There's a movie called "The Jacket" with Adrien Brody which liked a lot
had a great cast too
I like the hudsucker proxy(a cohen brothers film) with Tim Robbins

oh and Constantine(Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weisz) was pretty cool

Oinkness said:
This conversation had sent me into a wild Netflix-movie-adding spree, and I found this movie called "Killer Klowns From Outer Space" but its waaay at the bottom of my list, like #40 or something! Do you guys know any awesome movies I should check out? And have you seen that klown one?

I've seen Killer Klowns. It blows "kock." I think it's sort of a cult classic, the Klowns turn people into these giant flesh sacks and drink their blood out of twirly straws. You kill the Klowns by shooting them in the nose.

Thanks Matt. :)

paradoxile said:
I like the hudsucker proxy(a cohen brothers film) with Tim Robbins

That's the only one I haven't seen out of all you listed.. I will check it out, thanks! :)

paradoxile said:
There was this movie about some sort of biological weapon that was activated that attacked the y chromosome resulting in the death of nearly all men on the planet...the very few men left were working in the illegal baby making industry and the rest of the male underground was pretty much hiding in a football field from the wrath of crazy army bitches with PMS. most women became lesbians and found a way to have babies without the aid of men(lesbians fuck yeah!) untill some woman creates an artificial man in a lab and tries to hide it from the authorities.
I remember that movie. :) I don't remember what it was called though. :(