Chokehold guitar trick

Hold a string with your right hand and slide it down the neck while the left hand frets it and pulls off to the open string but because the right hand is fretting it and sliding down, you get the chromatic effect.

Yeah see i thought that so when i tried playing that i got alot of noise from other strings, and it sounded all sloppy. it could be that I would need to practice.

Do you know if you tap the frets or pull off because a pull off would have a chance of hitting other strings by accident dont you think?

And are there specific frets that you would be tapping to get the specific sound or could you just hit random frets while sliding down?

Well it's obviously a pull off and if you're getting noise, then you obviously need to practise it. And as Rock Hydra said, 2-4 frets away sounds good. I'd probably try 3 because it's pentatonic sounding but as long as you do it cleanly, it won't matter.

I mainly wanna know what the tapping part he does at 2:52 is :s, i can't find any tabs for that part anywhere

I mainly wanna know what the tapping part he does at 2:52 is :s, i can't find any tabs for that part anywhere

Wtf!!

Ultimate-guitar.com

Search "chokehold"

Click "Chokehold (ver 2)" which is a 5 star rated powertab.

Or the 4 star rated GP tab.

Why does it matter? Just choose any one and get the technique down first and then you can use any string and any frets you want.