Chris Lucas - Thrash Metal - Thrash 'n' Burn (Multis + Walkthru, you know the drill_

Chris Lucas

I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC
Dec 4, 2006
www.chrislucasproductions.com
HEY EVERYBODDDDDDDDDDDY!

So here's our third song for your listening/mixing enjoyment, this time in the style of Municipal Waste/Evile.
Tempo is: 220

The song:

The Walkthrough: There's some fucked up clicks and shit from some weird internal clocking error with Screenflow. It wasn't making them when I was recording so I know it's not my PT. I'll re record it when I get home (I'm out of town) but all the info is there. This walkthrough is much more thorough than the last two.

Download the multitracks + my PT session and mix it yourself: http://goo.gl/FS1Ft

Download the WAV Version: http://goo.gl/rtVJp

Recording Notes:

Drums are SD2+MM, Tempestra Snare and Slate Snare 10

Guitars are a Gibson Explorer (the one in the video) ---> Countryman 85 ---> True Precision 8 ---> HD 192

Bass was a Charvel 3B, same signal chain as the Guitar

Vox were Sm7b ---> True Precision 8 ---> 192

Any questions? I'd be happy to answer them.

P.S Our future song will have real drums recorded by me, it should be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I was waiting for this :D

Seems like you guys had a lot of fun doing this, I'm sure I'll enjoy mixing it \m/

Unfortunately I won't be able to mix it for the next couple of weeks as I'm out of town.

I'll post a mix here as soon as I've got something though :)

Cheers,
Necro

Awesome once again :headbang:

Will probably have a shot at this during the next few days!

Cheers for all the work you put into these!

walkthrough was really cool... pretty rockin song too. gotta love the headbanger in the background of the music video. thats a thrash staple \m/

Haha thanks everyone :D. We like to have fun and add little cute shit in the background. Glad everyone has liked it so far!

Dude, for as quick of a mix as this had to be, this is really good. Only thing I noticed I didn't like off the bat was the gang vox, but this definitely has the thrash spirit in it hahaha :D

man that was cool. the song and the video reminds me how much fun thrash metal can be.
also kudos to you for making these great raw tracks available for us.