Christian metal you like

Saint Vitus?

I would not say so. The only song that might be "Christian" is "Prayer for the (M)asses", however it sticks out from their discography like Black Sabbath's "After Forever". I can see why you might say that though, some of the lyrics on the first two albums feel like they're written from the perspective of someone who is struggling to be "good" but can't, hence the "doom", and uses a lot of religious imagery (ie "White Stallions"). My interpretation is that the vast majority are mostly ambiguous negativity (ie "White Magic / Black Magic"). Also they don't really appear after Reager's first exit and are not on really in any of the lyrics to Die Healing. Here's Dave Chandler's recollection, "We weren’t going to be a Christian band like Stryper, but we didn’t want to be like Venom, either".

Anyways, on topic, I love Paramaecium's debut album.

People are spiritual. Religion is built around spiritual people who share the same ideas. Religion can be seen as spirituality of a group.

People are not necessarily spiritual. Some people feel they are being called to spirituality, in the form of servitude (worship).

I didnt listen Christian metal at all.someone tell that its a sub-genre of metal or just just a lyrical genre?
If u know good christian bands share it with me!

Yeah, I suppose you could call it a "lyrical genre". It's more like a movement than a genre. There are "Christian metal" bands from most common metal genres.

What styles do you like? I was very familiar with that scene a while back. Less so now.

Nobody's mentioned any of the Christian power-metal bands I've heard of... Narnia, Jacob's Dream, others... ? I've never heard of 'em, only that Theocracy was clearly the best. :p

Jacob's Dream's s/t was...alright. Never really got into it. Owned and sold it. Kind of dark and fantastical for power metal (not really fantasy, more like surreality or something), which I liked, but musically it didn't do much for me.

And I get the feeling Narnia just...sucks balls.

I feel awkward listening to "christian metal", might be since im such an anti-christian by heart. Still, I cannot deny the fact that there are some good "christian metal bands" out there. As long as the lyrics are not filled with christian propaganda I can enjoy it.

People are not necessarily spiritual.

Most people identify themselves as spiritual, but some don't.

Some people feel they are being called to spirituality, in the form of servitude (worship).

My ex-girlfriends mom says she was called to serve by God. According to her, God has a conversation with her every single morning and tells her what to do. I will never forget the time she put her hand on me and tried to drive a demon away because she thought it was causing the anxiety I was feeling before my SAT test.

Most people identify themselves as spiritual, but some don't.

My ex-girlfriends mom says she was called to serve by God. According to her, God has a conversation with her every single morning and tells her what to do. I will never forget the time she put her hand on me and tried to drive a demon away because she thought it was causing the anxiety I was feeling before my SAT test.

Is that why your GF is now your ex? Because a mother like that would make me drop a girl like a bad habit.

Re: Godmade Spirituality... How can God make something while He doesn't exist?

Anyway I have to admit Horde was decent. Despite his despicable and inhumane philosophy on life.

Though by page 3 he's probably already been mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference between Theocracy and most Christian metal bands (say, I dunno, Stryper) is that Theocracy's lyrics are really, really damn good.

Smith doesn't write about why you should be a Christian; he write about why he's a Christian and leaves it at that. He's not preaching or trying to spread a Gospel; he's just telling his own story. "Mirror of Souls" (the 24-minute track) is an amazing testament to that; listening to it, I can almost understand what it must feel like to have a religious revelation. Not that I particularly want one, but for a true believer, it's probably a very nice feeling.

As opposed to, say, early Vengeance Rising lyrics, which are just... bad. Like a revival sermon delivered by a vacuum cleaner.

If the title was "Christian metal you hate", I could list a shitload of bands because my brother listens mainly to piece-of-shit Christian metalcore bands he seriously believes to be metal.