Christianity vs. Death metal (please reply!)

klm09

Annihilation Incarnate
Jan 12, 2004
This is a questionnaire I have to conduct for my sociology project (due this Friday! :( ), if you could please take a minute to answer this, I'd appreciate it.

----------------

1. Age?
2. Sex?

3. Are you Christian?
Yes No

4. If so, on a scale of 1-5, how strongly do you consider yourself a christian?
Very little 1 2 3 4 5 Completely

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal?
Yes No

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity)
Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Completely

7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship?
Unacceptable 1 2 3 4 5 Acceptable

8. Why?

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians?

10. Why?

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours?
None 1 2 3 4 5 All

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other?
Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Perfectly well

Thank you for answering!

1. Age 18
2. Sex male

3. Are you Christian?
No

not at all

Yes

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity)

8. Why? I don't give a damn really. Satanism basically a form of christianity

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians?
10. Why? Because they are a bunch of bigoted neo-totalitarian cretins, who want to force their beliefs onto other people

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours?
12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other?

I'll do it because I have nothing better to do

1. Age? 17
2. Sex? male

3. Are you Christian? yes
Yes No

Yes No
yes

8. Why?
Not my thing

10. Why?
Everything will change eventually, people who live with past ideals just show how loyal they are to whatever they follow, which isnt very loyal at all, in other words, hypocrism.

None 1 2 3 4 5 All

1. Age?
2. Sex?
Male

3. Are you Christian?
Hell, no

May i answer 0?

yes

8. Why?
I don't believe in god. Therefore i don't believe in satan. But i don't have any problem if someone worships satan (does anybody really do that?), as long as they don't sacrifice virgin girls. Summarizing, i hate christianity but i think that worshiping satan is as stupid as worshiping god.

10. Why?
They usually are intolerant people who try to control other people's lives. But i can't blame them because they were brainwashed when they were children.

None 1 2 3 4 5 All
Dunno how many. More than 5, less than all.

Not at all

Oops.. I suppose I should clarify that all questions followed by a "None 1 2 3 4 5 All" type of answering options are all on a scale of 1-5, where 1 would be none and 5 would be all. But Raistlin, I get what you mean.. you're "less than all, more than 5" answer would probably equate to a 3 or 4, so no problem there.

1. 33
2. Female

3. Are you Christian? no

Yes

Acceptable

8. Why?
Freedom of choice, Free will

Acceptable

10. Why?
same answer as above

Perfectly well

klm09 said:
Oops.. I suppose I should clarify that all questions followed by a "None 1 2 3 4 5 All" type of answering options are all on a scale of 1-5, where 1 would be none and 5 would be all. But Raistlin, I get what you mean.. you're "less than all, more than 5" answer would probably equate to a 3 or 4, so no problem there.
Oops, my mistake, you're right. Ok, 4, then.

1. Age? 21
2. Sex? Male

3. Are you Christian?
No

1 No.

Yes

3 No concern

8. Why? - I think religion in general is just something that people turn to when they feel they need to belong to something. I have no such wish, if other people want to indulge in religious behaviour then let them be...

1 Not just Christianity but all religions.

10. Why? - Because they mainly boycott other peoples beliefs and consider their own to be the true religion when most of them have no idea about the other faiths.

4 Most

5 Fine...

Thank you for answering![/QUOTE]

1. Age-20
2. Sex-male

3. Are you Christian?
No

Very little 1 2 3 4 5 Completely =1

Yes

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Completely -4

Unacceptable 1 2 3 4 5 Acceptable -4

8. Why? -Depends which form of Satanism but in general it's beliefs we are entitled to have and nobody knows why we're here or what's really acceptable/unacceptable so I believe we should explore whatever pathways passion takes us.

Unacceptable 1 2 3 4 5 Acceptable -4

10. Why?
They're just making fools of themselves and it looks funny, anyone should be allowed to do whatever they want, so I can't see the problem.

None 1 2 3 4 5 All =None

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Perfectly well -5 in most cases.

1. Age? 20

2. Sex? male

3. Are you Christian? No

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? Yes

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity) 2

(depends on what they do, just sitting in the garden next to a burning pentagram is ok I think, the more serious it gets, the less acceptable it is. Forcing someone to do stuff is over the line. In general I think it's pretty acceptable.. and corpse paint looks cool :p )

8. Why? ...

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? 1

10. Why?
They do retarded things "in the name of God" and are in obstacle to any kind of progress. Any kind of fundamentalism / extremism is bullshit anyway. If you're not open minded, keep your mouth shut, too. Period.

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours? 4

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other? 3

there you go, hope I could help

1. Age? 23
2. Sex? male

3. Are you Christian?
Yes No
yes

Yes No
yes

8. Why?
It really doesn't bother me at all as long as they don't come and force it to others

10. Why?
they force it to others

None 1 2 3 4 5 All

1. Age? 18
2. Sex? Male

3. Are you Christian? No

Very little 1 2 3 4 5 Completely - Not Applicable

Yes

8. Why?
To believe in Satanism is to accept the fact that the Christian God does exist.

Unacceptable

10. Why? Fundamentalist anything is unnecessary. Most fall victim to their own preachings and don't realize it. Judging others, murdering non-Christians, etc. Fundamentalists ignore their teachings to force their way of life on others. Hypocrisy in its purest form.

I don't know, don't care.

Depends on the person, really, so I'd say 3.

1. Age? 21
2. Sex? male

3. Are you Christian? No way!

Yes

8. Why? Its a religion... just like any other. Besides.. no matter how evil, how mean... satans loves you.

Unacceptable

10. Why? you have to accept humans as a diversity ot toughts

maybe late... but... whatever

No, not at all Conclave Obscurum; I have until Friday to collect all the data. ;) Thanks a lot guys, but if anybody else wants to answer, I'd be delighted if they did.

1. Age?

2. Sex?
Male

3. Are you Christian?
No

Yes

7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship? 5

8. Why?
Because I see no good reason why not.

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? 5

10. Why?
Because I see no good reason why not.

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours? 2

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other? 4

1. Age?

2. Sex?
M

3. Are you Christian?
Yes

Yes

8. Why?
cause everyone chooses what the hell they believe in

10. Why?
again, everyone chooses what to believe in, no one can judge that; not 5 though cause they tend to get bitchy about everything

(more than 5 probably, but definitively not all, that's a bit of a steep jump)

1. Age?
2. Sex?
male

3. Are you Christian? No
Yes No

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? Yes
Yes No

8. Why?
It's just a pathetic form of attention getting, and it's for a bunch of whiners who have nothing better to do than bitch about the eternal anguish of their lifespirit and soul.

10. Why?
Even though I disagree with their actual message, I envy the way they can put their ideas across, and convert people to their cause.

None 1 2 3 4 5 All

1. Age?

2. Sex?
Male

3. Are you Christian?
No

-

Yes

8. Why?
Everybody has the right to practice a religion of their choice, regardless of whether I agree on it. Personally I find satanism preferable to monotheism. Satan worship is silly though.

10. Why?
They can do what they want, but I personally find christianity a silly religion, particularly taken to it's conservative end.

Thank you for answering!

1. Age? 23
2. Sex? Male

3. Are you Christian? Yes

Yes...but sparingly

8. Why? Obviously if I believe in Christianity strongly, I am going to find its inversion unacceptable. Satanism both in its traditional/ritual form as well as its modern form as the worship of self and total devotion to a post-modernist, relativist lifestyle and doctrine is destructive both to society and to one's self.

Can't answer/5

10. Why? It's a loaded question, which to answer is to lend factual credibility to an opinion that Christians who adhere to or believe in biblical principals are against the grain of the majority of people's thoughts or beliefs, and therefore controversial. If the sample for the study is only people who are likely to be anti-christian, then the question is still pandering to those people and is likely to illicit a slanted response! But - for the hell of it - i'll give it a five anyway.

None 1 2 3 4 5 All

Thank you for answering!

Reactions: Abbey Normal
Thank you so much! :) That's about all I need; you can keep on posting, but unfortunately as my deadline is fast approaching I'm gonna have to start collating and analyzing the data now.