Christianity vs. Death metal (please reply!)

1. Age? 24
2. Sex? Male

3. Are you Christian? That's a negatory, good buddy.

4. If so, on a scale of 1-5, how strongly do you consider yourself a christian? 5 (I don't believe in the faith, but I follow most of the teachings, even more so than some of the Christians that are out there)

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? Yes

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity) 3 (there are some 'goodness' in the Christian philosophy)

7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship? Can you be more specific?

8. Why? See #7

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? Unacceptable

10. Why? They've got issues. Mental issues.

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours? 4

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other? 3

Thank you for answering! You're welcome.

1. Age? 20
2. Sex? Female

3. Are you Christian? No

4. If so, on a scale of 1-5, how strongly do you consider yourself a christian?

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal?
Yes

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity)

7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship?

8. Why? Let them worship as they choose as long as it harms no one. I don't agree with it though.

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? 3

10. Why? Same as 8

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours?

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other?

>This is a questionnaire I have to conduct for my sociology project
>(due this Friday! :( ), if you could please take a minute to answer this,
>I'd appreciate it.
----------------

>1. Age?

>2. Sex?

Male

>3. Are you Christian?

mm..was 'brought up' christian, yes.

>4. If so, on a scale of 1-5, how strongly do you consider yourself a
>christian?

>5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal?

Yes

>6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it >stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity)

3, but by circumstance and coincidence..
My interest is strictly musical. I listen to the music I listen to for purely auditive pleasure.

>7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship?
>Unacceptable 1 2 3 4 5 Acceptable

..Retarded

>8. Why?

If you don't believe in/worship God, why would you believe in/worship Satan?
I might not agree with the man-made establishment that is christianity or organized religion altogether, but I do believe in respect and in treating others as you'd have them treat you. I certainly do not stand by any of the ways of satanism. ..it's just another man-made, organized, piece of jargon that brainwashes people and to me it's even more psychologically and socially 'wrong' than the others.

>9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist
>Christians?

It would be a 5 if they kept to themselves and were happy practicing their stuff etc..
and a 1 (unacceptable) when they forcibly act on others in any kind of way (from wars to simply pressuring others to convert)
Despite the fact that many of them might have good intentions and 'good hearts' I must make the general statement that they're
Ignorant and simple-minded

>10. Why?

They accept what the organized church gives them as rules 'from god' and in general tend to be ignorant about many things and facts while stubbornly and avidly arguing their base-less arguments.

>11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions
>similar to yours?

That I know personally? Noone really.. perhaps 1

>12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have
>differing opinions on the subject get along with each other?

Religion isn't everything, it and its subject can be put aside

>Thank you for answering!

Yeah, no problem fella
Good luck with your project

1. age?
2. sex?
male
3. are you christian?
no
5. do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal?
yes
6. on a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity)
7. what do you think about satanism / satan worship?
8. why?
no relation at all with reality, superstitious beliefs grounded in desire for rebellion and a need to shock, or wish-wash melting pot of the most disparate esoteric traditions
9. what do you think about highly conservative christians or fundamentalist christians?
10. why?
the very few points that might affect society in a (supposedly) ethical way are buried under loads of prejudice, misconceptions, just plain backward thinking. plus being a fanatic means you do away with rational thoughts
11. how many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours?
12. how do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other?

1. Age? 35

2. Sex? male

3. Are you Christian?
no

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? yes
6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? 1

8. Why?
Because, being non-religious by having studied religion as long as I did (1st-5th grade religous school, including two bible studies a week during that whole time) I founded my own belief that no written text or belief would correctly prescribe a method for worshiping a devine being if one were to actually exist. My point, that belief in either is quite silly. Gods and religions change and grow as culture do, and there is no "right" religion or philosophy. Having people fight over it and argue who is more correct is much like two kids in a sandbox arguing who's dad is better.

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? 2.5

10. Why? Because many people need something to believe in, that it gives solid moral ground to some who actually would be worse off without it. In rare being very conservative can be harmful, but in most circumstances it is not.

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours? 3

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other?

klm09 said:
This is a questionnaire I have to conduct for my sociology project (due this Friday! :( ), if you could please take a minute to answer this, I'd appreciate it.

----------------

1. Age?

2. Sex?
not for last six months. male
3. Are you Christian?
Yes and No
seemingly i am a member of Evangelical Lutheran Church but I am about resign when I turn 18 or something. emotically no, in "reality" yes.

Yes

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity)

8. Why?
S: selfishness is always positive :)
SW: I dont really care if one want screw up one´s life by obeying stupid catkill rules. it is like christianity but not so well made up :)

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians?

10. Why?
they seem to act in rapture

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours?

Thank you for answering.
´twas a pleasure. and sorry for prattling.

1. Age? >32
2. Sex? >Male
3. Are you Christian? >Yes
4. If so, on a scale of 1-5, how strongly do you consider yourself a christian? >2
5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? >Yes
6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity) >1
7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship? >1
8. Why? >Because its goal is the evil
9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? >5
10. Why? >Because they are the pillars of the churches
11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours? >2
12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other? >3

1. Age:22
2. Sex:Female

3. Are you Christian?
Yes

Yes

8. Why?
I am against satan worship (who is he anyway??i have never seen him neither i have seen god) but as an aspect of ideology i like satanism. I am against religion. And I think that satanism in not a religion (it's only for those that worship the so-called satan). For me satanism is an anti-religion cause it fights christianity, in other words it fights a religion. Other than that, i really don't care about it a lot.

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians?

10. Why? Because I think they are weak people together with all religious people (I dont have any particular problem with Christians, but i have with highly conservative generally religious ones)

:loco:
klm09 said:
This is a questionnaire I have to conduct for my sociology project (due this Friday! :( ), if you could please take a minute to answer this, I'd appreciate it.

----------------

1. Age? 16
2. Sex? female

3. Are you Christian? hell no

Very little 1 2 3 4 5 Completely

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? no

Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Completely

7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship? cant scale
Unacceptable 1 2 3 4 5 Acceptable

8. Why? who ever wants to take part in it, go ahead. who ever doesnt, then dont. i dont think anything about it since im an antheist and believe in neither god or satan

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? 1

10. Why? but lets say that 'unacceptable' = 'stupid'. because theyre blinded by their faith and can't learn the ways of the world if they go around adhearing to the ways of the bible etc. oh yeh.. and its a load of shit

11. How many of the people you know would you estimate have opinions similar to yours? 3
None 1 2 3 4 5 All

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other? 5
Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Perfectly well

Thank you for answering!

:loco:
klm09 said:

----------------

1. Age? 16
2. Sex? female

3. Are you Christian? hell no

Very little 1 2 3 4 5 Completely

5. Do you listen to extreme (death, black) metal? no

6. On a scale of 1-5 how much do you relate / agree with the message it stereotypically conveys? (anti-christianity, hate towards humanity) ill give it a 3
Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Completely

7. What do you think about satanism / satan worship? cant scale

8. Why? who ever wants to take part in it, go ahead. who ever doesnt, then dont. i dont think anything about it since im an antheist and believe in neither god or satan

9. What do you think about highly conservative Christians or fundamentalist Christians? 1

10. Why? but lets say that 'unacceptable' = 'stupid'. because theyre blinded by their faith and can't learn the ways of the world if they go around adhearing to the ways of the bible etc. oh yeh.. and its a load of shit

None 1 2 3 4 5 All

12. How do you think people, not necessarily those you know, that have differing opinions on the subject get along with each other? 5
Not at all 1 2 3 4 5 Perfectly well

Thank you for answering!