Circa Survive meets.. Crabcore?

haha, this is SICK!!! what a STRANGE fucking mixture! oh wait, just got to the clean vocals. UGHHHHHH.. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EMOTION?!!?!?!.

gj though dude. this is really interesting...

BTW, you mix in a VERY similar fashion to myself. everything is super punchy, loud and fucking you in your mouth...... =D

This is sick as fuck. I think the more Circa-esque parts could use a different guitar tone, something warmer/thicker/fatter and more verby, but it sounds pretty good. Only complaint is that drums sound super similar to other stuff you've posted - use the same samples a lot, or just program with S2.0 most of the time?

This is sick as fuck. I think the more Circa-esque parts could use a different guitar tone, something warmer/thicker/fatter and more verby, but it sounds pretty good. Only complaint is that drums sound super similar to other stuff you've posted - use the same samples a lot, or just program with S2.0 most of the time?

Yeah, drums are real, but replaced.

Used a snare I sampled mixed with some slate... I really need to add more kicks to my library, I'm getting sick of using kick 10.. :/

I really hate bitchy bands..

I sent this to them, and they hated it, because it sounds too "Mainstream".. What the fuck?

I mean... Not going to lie, I do enjoy their music, but to me it sounds pretty mainstream... They want NO verb/delay on the vocals.. Basically they want me to make the mix suck, and make sound a lot smaller.. I thought I did a good job on the chorus with creating some mad ambiance..

I feel like they don't know what they want.. They want it to sound raw, but their music is not that raw type of music.. In some spots it is, but in most, it's not..

Dude, every single band are idiots. Period. Tell them as Joe Barresi said: "Learn to love it", they don't know what the fuck they're talking about, they have NO idea what kind of work you and us do and what it takes to mix sounds basically.

I like the mix though, was listening on some crappy headphones and only thing I could say is to brighten up the snare, but that could be wrong due to where I was listening on, so now, you either bend over or tell them that's the way it is.

Dude, every single band are idiots. Period. Tell them as Joe Barresi said: "Learn to love it", they don't know what the fuck they're talking about, they have NO idea what kind of work you and us do and what it takes to mix sounds basically.

I like the mix though, was listening on some crappy headphones and only thing I could say is to brighten up the snare, but that could be wrong due to where I was listening on, so now, you either bend over or tell them that's the way it is.

Thanks man. I actually did tell them that, right after I read this.

:lol:

the mix is absolutely killer, i love the guitars at 0:19!
the complete mix sounds very dry, i think some reverb could be nice.

cheers
S.

See, they told me there's TOO MUCH reverb going on.. Phuket.

i believe there is too much verb on the growls, like a room-ish sort of verb which i'm not 100% on. and the snare sounds a bit muddy, both the verb and the snare itself. other than that i'm loving this shit, not the average crabcrap ;)

Can anybody direct me to a good kick drum library? I like slate, but I'm getting sick of listening to it.. And the ones I've sampled myself dont' really fit this style.