Circle II Circle on tour?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Hey,
Just saw in a local newspaper that CIRCLE II CIRCLE are playing Penny Road Pub in suburban Chicago on Saturday November 13.

Is this part of a tour? I hadn't heard anything about them touring.

I am not really all that familiar with them, but I know many of you are fans so I thought I would share this.

Maybe this is old news, and if it is, please disregard.

The band should probably announce they are going on tour, considering it is less than a month away..... :)

Yeah, as I said, not really my thing, so not sure if I will be attending or not. Brought it up since I know there are CIIC fans here.

Yeah, as I said, not really my thing, so not sure if I will be attending or not. Brought it up since I know there are CIIC fans here.

Pretty much figured this would be your response. I like what I've heard, but I don't own a damn thing by them so I doubt I'll be going either.

Even if you don't own a single Circle II Circle disc you should go. They are great live and with Sacred Dawn opening as well, me thinks it's a no brainer...

I've seen CIIC four or five times and they never fail to bring it. Seen Sacred Dawn once and it was enough to win me over and buy their stuff.

Yeah, it's the whole "potential they might play some Savatage" which would be the only appeal. If this was with JOP, I would definitely make more of an effort.

The band should probably announce they are going on tour, considering it is less than a month away..... :)

Pretty much figured this would be your response. I like what I've heard, but I don't own a damn thing by them so I doubt I'll be going either.

The two of you need to go support CIIC if they're coming to Chicago...if anything to humor me! :loco:

Yeah, it's the whole "potential they might play some Savatage" which would be the only appeal. If this was with JOP, I would definitely make more of an effort.

They always play a healthy dose of Zak Stevens era Savatage tunes. With that said, Hoyt is bringing them to Atlanta in November, so I'm planning on driving down to see them.

~Brian~

Lol...
Sorry, just thought this was a funny response.
You like them, but don't own anything by them, so you won't go?
Haha!

Anyway, yeah. Very poor promo for this show. Not sure what that is all about.

I'm sure it'll be a good show, it's just with me I'm not big on going to see a band I'm not very familiar with. yes, I do like what I've heard by them but if I went I would most likely only know a couple of songs. They're just one of those bands I want to get their discography, but there have been bands that I'm more interested in.

Just saw in a local newspaper that CIRCLE II CIRCLE are playing Penny Road Pub in suburban Chicago on Saturday November 13.

That place is a dump. Kind of a shame that CIIC can't play better venues, but at this point they should probably be opening for bigger bands, so whatever.

That place is a dump. Kind of a shame that CIIC can't play better venues, but at this point they should probably be opening for bigger bands, so whatever.

I saw Seven Witches there about 5 years ago or so.
Yeah, the most redeeming thing was the broken BUD LIGHT neon sign behind the stage.

As far as CIIC, how popular do you think they are?
I think there are many metalheads who don't even know the name.
They have pretty much secluded themselves amongst the Savatage fans and prog power fans only, to be honest.

You are dead on. With as many albums in as they are, they should definitely be trying to get a support slot on a larger tour.

As far as CIIC, how popular do you think they are?
I think there are many metalheads who don't even know the name.
They have pretty much secluded themselves amongst the Savatage fans and prog power fans only, to be honest.

I don't think that they're particularly popular, to be honest. It seems to me that whoever's making their decisions sees Zak as a big star because of his time with Savatage and feels that they should be on a higher level than where they realistically are because of it. Meanwhile, they're not moving any records and their position as heirs to the legacy of Savatage is undermined by the fact that Jon is so active, and everyone knows that Jon basically is Savatage.

They're in a tough spot. I think that the best way for them to proceed would be to distance themselves from the Savatage thing...maybe open a tour for a popular band like Symphony X or Nevermore. Also, a good album would help; granting that peoples' opinions of Burden of Truth vary, it's not difficult to make the case that CIIC hasn't made a good album since Watching in Silence, which was, of course, largely written by Jon. I don't think that the "Mitch-as-primary-songwriter-and-producer" thing is working out, but obviously someone does. (I've heard nothing but great things about him as a person, but these last two albums...I mean, come on....)