Circle II Circle on tour?

Someone's desperate. :lol:

I don't think that they're particularly popular, to be honest. It seems to me that whoever's making their decisions sees Zak as a big star because of his time with Savatage and feels that they should be on a higher level than where they realistically are because of it. Meanwhile, they're not moving any records and their position as heirs to the legacy of Savatage is undermined by the fact that Jon is so active, and everyone knows that Jon basically is Savatage.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And yes, like others have mentioned, they need to be support on a tour. I think that due to Zak's previous success in Savatage, they just think they can headline and they really need to work to be able to get to that spot.

I couldn't agree with you less on the last couple of Circle II Circle albums, 1,000 Faces. The songwriting is excellent on Burden Of Truth and Delusions Of Grandeur. If anything, it's the production values of Delusions Of Grandeur that hinder the songs contained within the album. I haven't heard the latest album yet, but they haven't disappointed me thus far.

I, for one, will be at the Penny Road Pub to see the guys in action. As others on this thread have mentioned, the band absolutely delivers live.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I couldn't agree with you less on the last couple of Circle II Circle albums, 1,000 Faces. The songwriting is excellent on Burden Of Truth and Delusions Of Grandeur. If anything, it's the production values of Delusions Of Grandeur that hinder the songs contained within the album. I haven't heard the latest album yet, but they haven't disappointed me thus far.

I, for one, will be at the Penny Road Pub to see the guys in action. As others on this thread have mentioned, the band absolutely delivers live.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Al, I don't have a problem with Delusions of Grandeur either. It's simply a heavy, melodic, metal album. I don't think Zak is out to break any new gound, and quite frankly I don't care that he doesn't. I guess you and I just have shitty music taste. :rolleyes:

~Brian~

So...does anyone have any idea if there are any shows besides Atlanta and Chicago? Specifically, anything in Southern California?

So...does anyone have any idea if there are any shows besides Atlanta and Chicago? Specifically, anything in Southern California?

I'd like to know too. Their official website lists the tourdates as being "announced soon", even though the tour is supposed to start October 29. Nothing pops up on their myspace page, or on pollstar.com.

I'd like to know too. Their official website lists the tourdates as being "announced soon", even though the tour is supposed to start October 29. Nothing pops up on their myspace page, or on pollstar.com.

See, that's just bad booking in my opinion. To not give people enough time to plan accordingly just spells disaster in terms of audience attendance.

See, that's just bad booking in my opinion. To not give people enough time to plan accordingly just spells disaster in terms of audience attendance.

To be completely honest, I think that Circle II Circle headlining tour just spells disaster in terms of audience attendance no matter how far in advance dates are announced.

Well, yes, and no.

I think you can have a mid-carder headline and be semi-successful, if the following:
1) You actually PROMOTE the show, and that extends beyond a forum or two (this tour isn't even doing that!)
2) The band hits the road with another band of equivalent mid-carder status (To the fan, this would be a band that would make fence-sitters cross-over, as they would see two bands that they might not go see alone at a show with other bands they have no interest in).
3) Schedule the tour around partaking in a festival, if possible. For example, look at the bands who have toured around Prog Power. Partaking in Prog Power alone serves as promotion for the rest of the tour. Lots of death metal bands book tours around MDF, for example.

As a band, you have to be crafty and experiened in using every opportunity to your advantage. In 2010, very few bands can simply survive on the old "Book them and they will come" mentality. Too many options these days.

Well, yes, and no.

I think you can have a mid-carder headline and be semi-successful, if the following:
1) You actually PROMOTE the show, and that extends beyond a forum or two (this tour isn't even doing that!)
2) The band hits the road with another band of equivalent mid-carder status (To the fan, this would be a band that would make fence-sitters cross-over, as they would see two bands that they might not go see alone at a show with other bands they have no interest in).
3) Schedule the tour around partaking in a festival, if possible. For example, look at the bands who have toured around Prog Power. Partaking in Prog Power alone serves as promotion for the rest of the tour. Lots of death metal bands book tours around MDF, for example.

As a band, you have to be crafty and experiened in using every opportunity to your advantage. In 2010, very few bands can simply survive on the old "Book them and they will come" mentality. Too many options these days.

For sure, in this day and age a lot of bands have many options at their fingertips in terms of putting on a good tour, which is what makes it so surprising when none of these avenues are used.

In all fairness, it may not be the band's fault.
They might be under the impression that the booking agent for the tour is in the midst of a promotional blitz for the tour, though anyone with an internet connection would know there isn't one. Also, CIIC has an active forum here.

I created a thread their last week asking about the tour, which has elicited zero replies.

I hope the tour goes well, but considering how close it is, I am very skeptical.

In all fairness, it may not be the band's fault.
They might be under the impression that the booking agent for the tour is in the midst of a promotional blitz for the tour, though anyone with an internet connection would know there isn't one. Also, CIIC has an active forum here.

I created a thread their last week asking about the tour, which has elicited zero replies.

I hope the tour goes well, but considering how close it is, I am very skeptical.

It usually isn't the band's fault. A lot of bands like them who are not that well known get screwed when it comes to getting a booker and/or marketing people. Having said that though, a lot of these bands need to do a better job promoting on their own instead of just expecting others to do it for them.

I just checked Penny Road Pub's Myspace page, they don't have the show listed. Maybe they haven't updated their page yet. If this show is happening, looks like it will have bad attendance.

I just checked Penny Road Pub's Myspace page, they don't have the show listed. Maybe they haven't updated their page yet. If this show is happening, looks like it will have bad attendance.

I was there a few weeks ago for a friend's Thin Lizzy tribute band (VERY sparsely attended : ( )) and I saw some posters advertising this show.
Weird......

Absolutely. Anything Lizzy would ensure my presence.

They were actually pretty good.....Guy I went to highschool with is one of the guitarists....Oh, and their singer is named Lance King.....(not the Nightmare Records version)

Edit: Duh, band's name is Cold Sweat...There's also Tin Lizzy (iirc) that plays Martyr's a lot, usually on nights I can't go. Have yet to see them...