Circus Maximus

The sample I have heard from Circus Maximus rocks. I am definetly hoping to make it to ProgPower this year and rock out with you guys.

As far as the person who asked for what influences are in the band... when I listened to the song that Glenn had available for us I can honestly say in Mike's voice I heard a bit of a Sebastian Bach influence which friggin ruled.

Hail Circus Maximus.

TheGraveDigger said:
The sample I have heard from Circus Maximus rocks. I am definetly hoping to make it to ProgPower this year and rock out with you guys.

As far as the person who asked for what influences are in the band... when I listened to the song that Glenn had available for us I can honestly say in Mike's voice I heard a bit of a Sebastian Bach influence which friggin ruled.

Hail Circus Maximus.

You know what? I totaly agree with you Mr GraveDigger, and funny you should mention that ,cause this morning I listened to 18 and life with Skid Row....hehe , but yeah S.Bach has had an great impact on me over the years.

Personaly I would say I`m a mix of Sebastian Bach, Joey Tempest ,Roy Khan and Tony Harnell.

See ya later :wave:

Mike Maximus said:
Hehehe...sorry edgeofthorns, but I am not from Georgia. I`m from Oslo in Norway, but my grandfather lives in Texas so I`m gonna drop by him after the festival :Spin:

Hmm Braves fan...I`m more into Braveheart the movie..hihi ;)

See ya later :wave:

are u serious, you can ride back with me if you want! :worship:

Therions travelling with 6 Sweed singers, they could close the bar beforethey go on, be aware, AND also be aware they could be playing SNEAKY and show up friday night, and rock face.

FEAR TEH SIX SINGORS!

urinalcakemix said:
Therions travelling with 6 Sweed singers, they could close the bar beforethey go on, be aware, AND also be aware they could be playing SNEAKY and show up friday night, and rock face.

FEAR TEH SIX SINGORS!

Well it`s a good thing I`ve allready talked to the security.
They have strict orders to NOT let anyone in who looks like they want to drink...hahaha..I bet that would be a hell of a good festival...hihi no people getting in at all hahaha :D

Pellaz said:
Mike, looking forward to seeing you and CM this year. The samples sound great! I'll be sure to get some (hopefully) good pics of your set.

HOWEVER, be warned that, as probably the only band from Norway on the bill at ProgPower this year* (somehow I don't think Dimmu Borgir or Old Man's Child are in the cards :D **), you have an incredible reputation to live up to...namely, the coveted Biggest Drinking Band at ProgPower award. In past years, this crown has generally been claimed by the Swedes...EXCEPT for those years when a Norwegian band has performed. So, the stakes are high. :tickled: :tickled:

No pressure, though. Really. :D

-=-=-=-=-
* err, come to think of it, Arcturus could still be a possibility..... Stuff 'em in your guitar-cases. \m/
** although an all-Simen vocals Dimmu show would be kinda neet...

Hmmm, I don't know about that comment about the Swedes claiming the crown. I saw a Finn drink some poor Swede senseless at ProgPower IV. :lol: Didn't seem to effect him a bit!

Lucky for Mike and his gang, this year's batch of Finns is "stuck" in the headline spot. Oh, wait....so was that "other" band. Be afraid, Mike, be very afraid! :lol::kickass::lol: jk

urinalcakemix said:

FEAR TEH SIX SINGORS!

Nope, unfortunately they can't be that sneaky....they're playing at Jaxx in Virginia on Friday night. (Alas and damnit.....)

I've been trying to figure out just who Mike's vocal style reminds me since their sound clip was posted. It finally came to me today. His sound reminds me a lot of the former Divine Regale vocalist (cd = Ocean Mind). I loved that band. Too bad they only had one release (to my knowledge). That said, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on their new disc at PP6 (but oh so many months away). :cry: