Circus Maximus

Hi there everybody.

My name is Michael and I`m the vocalist in Circus Maximus.
Thought I`d drop by and say hello and thanks for all the kind words we`ve read on this forum :Spin:

We are realy looking forward to play at this years Prog Power Festival..it`s gonna be a blast..that`s for sure :hotjump:

Can`t wait to meet the crowd and all the other bands :Spin:

Anyway..take care and I`ll see ya later :wave:

Mike Maximus said:
Hi there everybody.

My name is Michael and I`m the vocalist in Circus Maximus.
Thought I`d drop by and say hello and thanks for all the kind words we`ve read on this forum :Spin:

We are realy looking forward to play at this years Prog Power Festival..it`s gonna be a blast..that`s for sure :hotjump:

Can`t wait to meet the crowd and all the other bands :Spin:

Anyway..take care and I`ll see ya later :wave:

Hi Mike, I think most of the people on the board are really looking forward to your CD coming out and your performance at PPVI. I personally can't wait to heer you guys. I am sure you will have a great time at the festival, as Glenn puts together a flawless show every year. See you in September! :headbang:

Hail Circus Maximus from the great state Of Georgia! I have listened to a couple of samples, and really like what I've heard. I'm looking forward to your debut album, as well as the opportunity to see you perform live at the incredible ProgPowerUSA!

:headbang:

Hey Mike, welcome to the forum... You will sure have a blast at ProgPower along with all of us... Can't wait to hear your album and see you guys performing live!!!!

Cheers

Milton

tattooedsean666 said:
I am really excited for you being at progpower along with the release of the cd which still seems too far away as I am really wanting to hear it:Spin:

Thanks man;-)
And for those of you who can`t wait ( me included..hihi) we will release two more samples in the near future..yiippiii :headbang:

We will keep you posted ;)

I wasn't planning on going to Prog Power, but I probably am finding a way now that I found out Circus Maximus is on the bill. I heard you guys when you posted on the Symphony X forum, and I've been hooked since. You guys are going to ROCK Prog Power, man.

Hey Mike,

I am blown away by the samples I have heard from your upcoming CD. I can't wait to buy it and spin it over and over again. Hope to see you in Atlanta.

Mike, looking forward to seeing you and CM this year. The samples sound great! I'll be sure to get some (hopefully) good pics of your set.

HOWEVER, be warned that, as probably the only band from Norway on the bill at ProgPower this year* (somehow I don't think Dimmu Borgir or Old Man's Child are in the cards :D **), you have an incredible reputation to live up to...namely, the coveted Biggest Drinking Band at ProgPower award. In past years, this crown has generally been claimed by the Swedes...EXCEPT for those years when a Norwegian band has performed. So, the stakes are high. :tickled: :tickled:

No pressure, though. Really. :D

-=-=-=-=-
* err, come to think of it, Arcturus could still be a possibility..... Stuff 'em in your guitar-cases. \m/
** although an all-Simen vocals Dimmu show would be kinda neet...

DeathDevil said:
Mike, Can you describe your music & your influences for Circus Maximus

Hi DeathDevil ;)

Hmm..hard to describe our own music actually, so I suggest you check out the samples..but it is pretty hard and melodic at the same time.

My personal influences comes from all kinds of music...rock,prog,pop,metal..etc.

This last month I`ve listened a lot to Kip Winger, Masterplan and Conception :headbang:

Take care DeathDevil and I`ll see ya later :wave:

Pellaz said:
Mike, looking forward to seeing you and CM this year. The samples sound great! I'll be sure to get some (hopefully) good pics of your set.

HOWEVER, be warned that, as probably the only band from Norway on the bill at ProgPower this year* (somehow I don't think Dimmu Borgir or Old Man's Child are in the cards :D **), you have an incredible reputation to live up to...namely, the coveted Biggest Drinking Band at ProgPower award. In past years, this crown has generally been claimed by the Swedes...EXCEPT for those years when a Norwegian band has performed. So, the stakes are high. :tickled: :tickled:

No pressure, though. Really. :D

-=-=-=-=-
* err, come to think of it, Arcturus could still be a possibility..... Stuff 'em in your guitar-cases. \m/
** although an all-Simen vocals Dimmu show would be kinda neet...

Hi there Pellaz :Spin:

Hihi funny you should mention that :)
Glenn actually asked us to headline on saturday ( hihi ),but we said " Sorry Glenn, but it would be better for us if we could open the show on friday, because we have big plans to party as hell with the crowd". :headbang:
He said" To bad guys, but Manticora has allready asked for that spot, they want to party too you know, but I can put you in second spot that night. How does that sound?"...the rest is history :D

So far I have not seen any Swedes on the line up ( am I wrong?), so this will be an easy match..hihi ;)

See ya later Pellaz :wave:

Mike, from what I can tell from Glenn's samples, your music is right up my alley! The Circus Maximus CD is right at the top of my purchase list! By the way, since you're from Georgia, are you a Braves fan?

edgeofthorns said:
Mike, from what I can tell from Glenn's samples, your music is right up my alley! The Circus Maximus CD is right at the top of my purchase list! By the way, since you're from Georgia, are you a Braves fan?

Hehehe...sorry edgeofthorns, but I am not from Georgia. I`m from Oslo in Norway, but my grandfather lives in Texas so I`m gonna drop by him after the festival :Spin:

Hmm Braves fan...I`m more into Braveheart the movie..hihi ;)

See ya later :wave: