Climate Change and Related Issues

@Makaan: I know, i was exaggerating it. Hide5 pretty much said "who cares about the earth as long as the human race lives", and i oppose "who cares about the human race" to it.

It's great to see that the thread has been such a success :). It's also great that there are so many diverse opinions, didn't expect that to be honest :p .

Yeah, the Earth will continue, but what about us? I used to think like that, screw humans and save the planet, but not anymore. We humans are a wonderful being and we deserve to live, not to die due to other's (literally) shit.

I posted this topic in the Anthrax phorum *shrugs*, if you go and take a look you will see why Yankees are so idiotic (not all, mind you, i;ve met really nice and open-minded ones).

You can walk more, be less consumistic, plant trees, take small baths and few per week, and most of all; incite other people to do this.

Bye! :headbang:

PS: What is happening..., I'm not using that many smileys.... Must be global warming hehehehe :p.

Yeah, the Earth will continue, but what about us? I used to think like that, screw humans and save the planet, but not anymore. We humans are a wonderful being and we deserve to live, not to die due to other's (literally) shit.
[/B]

I digress. Humans can be wonderful as much as they can be utter shit, and the latter normally has much more weight over the former. If global warming ices us to death, if an asteroid falls from the sky and vaporizes us... well, it's sort of unavoidable. Stop whining and going "oh, we have brought doom upon our greedy asses" and just fucking deal with it. In your afterlife, you may be lucky and reincarnate into something cute, like an intelligent alien bunny. Now that will be really wonderful.

P.S. This whole "incite other people to recycle and stop being consumistic" is total bullshit. Water will run short and global warming will bust our asses eventually, no matter how fucking worried we are about it. You can't change that retarded mass culture just trying to be reasonable, because masses aren't fucking reasonable. It takes a major cathastrophic event to change such strongly programmed mindsets. So let the freaking ice age come, I say. Many will die, maybe me, you, rahvin and fucking plintus with all their sons and daughters, but that's the way of things. Death and disease are the only things people can react to, so it would only take massive death and plague to change an entire self-destructive culture.

Yes, I say fuck a lot.

You can walk more
By walking more you also produce heat. Everyone should be trying to stand really still.

take small baths and few per week
So if i start smelling, our planet will be saved.

and most of all; incite other people to do this.
If other people start smelling, things will be even better. I'll die, stop producing heat, and also help the population of cute animals, such as worms, to flourish.

Really, when there is no water management where i live and water is left to just flow in the sea, and the local church leaves the tap running all day and night just because it looks pretty, do you really thing my showers are going to do any difference? By the way, showers are more economical than baths, so LBRH you should stop bathing and just take showers.

Many will die, maybe me, you, rahvin and fucking plintus with all their sons and daughters, but that's the way of things.
I'm so glad i'm not marrying LBRH, QRV, rahvin or plintus.

@Matse
There is enough food on the planet to support all of us, it´s the excess and waste of the western world that makes things go to hell. Limiting the amount of humans isn´t really a viable strategy, people will continue to multiply as long as they feel for it. On the other hand I think that an redistribution of the worlds resources would make people have fewer babies. The population of Sweden is apparently decreasing if it wasn´t for the refugees coming here (and i wholeheartedly thank them for that). I heard about some calculations a macro-demographer had done the other day. Even though things like these always are uncertain, apparently the population growth is estimated to stabilize around 2050, around 10 billion (can´t recall the exact figures).

The way to a stabile climate will be very hard. There are enormous interests at stake and a lot of people who benefit from how resources are used right now. Power has to be wrestled from these people and bring about change, but this will never be possible as long as people say that "I cant make a difference alone" and "people are to stupid/ignorant/dumb". I believe that a many are thinking exactly the same thing, and that it´s possible to wake people up from the apathy.

Really, when there is no water management where i live and water is left to just flow in the sea, and the local church leaves the tap running all day and night just because it looks pretty, do you really thing my showers are going to do any difference? By the way, showers are more economical than baths, so LBRH you should stop bathing and just take showers.

same here, at least in my town, everyone whines about water consumption during summer, yet all the fountains are running (and, with the heat, a lot of water evaporates, so they do waste a lot of it to keep them running), at night they water the grass on the roundabouts so much that the whole road gets covered in running water...

The way to a stabile climate will be very hard. There are enormous interests at stake and a lot of people who benefit from how resources are used right now. Power has to be wrestled from these people and bring about change, but this will never be possible as long as people say that "I cant make a difference alone" and "people are to stupid/ignorant/dumb". I believe that a many are thinking exactly the same thing, and that it´s possible to wake people up from the apathy.
i agree.

it is weird to see that a lot of people here dont care about the planet, and dont care about the kind of world their children will live in.

The way to a stabile climate will be very hard. There are enormous interests at stake and a lot of people who benefit from how resources are used right now. Power has to be wrestled from these people and bring about change
it is weird to see that a lot of people here dont care about the planet, and dont care about the kind of world their children will live in.
Don't get me wrong, i do care about the world my children will live in, should i have kids one day. I do separate trash, recycle and all. And our garden is the only place around which is full of trees.
But i do think emphasis should be put on the right things, which is shifting to environment-friendly energy and doing what i quoted from Makaan above, ie bring a change to a more fundamental and global level. In my opinion this whole "recycle your batteries" thing might also act as an opiate and attention-diverter for people, and make them think they're doing something, while in fact they're not doing much at all.

Oh, but I'm afraid that such repopulation is impossible, and me and plintus being united would only be satisfying your perverted homosexual fantasies, you perverted homo guy.

That's not an option because pirate milkshake manbabies wouldn't repopulate the world, but bring Armageddon to it. Besides, LBRH is sterile. God doesn't allow people like that to reproduce.

Well.. figure it out, because we want your manbabies.
Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood would like some manbabies too. He said he'd like them green if possible please.

Right...

QRV said:
That's not an option because pirate milkshake manbabies wouldn't repopulate the world, but bring Armageddon to it. Besides, LBRH is sterile. God doesn't allow people like that to reproduce.

Oh I'm far from sterile :rolleyes:. And even if I could I would never do any of you guys :p.

Concerning global warming:

Obviously the change has to come from major corporations and stuff like that, but I say that it's even worse if one doesn't do anything and makes the problem bigger than it is.

@ Makaan: Yeah what's up, don't people in Sweden have sex? It's funny because people should be more like Swedes, you're a smart bunch n.- . I guess it's the same as what happened in Canada some years ago :p .

@LBRH
Oh we do, quite a lot, but I guess we´re fed up with crying babies and want to enjoy our metal and sex (un)quietly :). I really like the way things are organized in Sweden, and even though I haven´t seen that much of the world i do believe it´s one of the best countries in the world to live in. People care about each other and support those who are in a hard spot. Things have been changing the latest 20 years or so though, mostly for the worse...

What happend in canada a few years ago?

Except that this time it's heating much faster and it's getting much hotter than the last periods of "global warming". And what's the main difference in between the last time and now? That's right, human activity.

This is a factual error. Oscillations in temperature at the end of the Pleistocene (and annexed changes in sea level and the consistency of the ice cover) were WAY higher. Ever heard of the Bering land bridge? Or the single continent formed by Australia and New Guinea? Well, that stuff just got submerged by the melting of the ice cover. Some Aboriginal cultures include myths about "fish falling from the sky", which probably date back to ancient stories about the global warming of yore. At the moment, no known continent has been submerged - which is not to say that global warming is not a serious problem, but let's keep our facts straight.

At the moment, no known continent has been submerged
There's some islands in the Pacific that have a very low altitude, somewhere in the range of centimeters. Those will be the first to sink.